JD 111 any good for racing?

/ JD 111 any good for racing? #1  

Tractor Time

Tractor
Kubota L225
I have a JD 111 that my girlfriend is bugging me to fix up for her to race. Although I've been a drag and circle track guy all my life I don't know the first about racing these things. Is this tractor any good for a stocker type class (I don't want to have a $5K garden tractor that runs on nitro :laughing:), any suggestions where I can look into this? I will try google again, may have missed something the first go round. Dach.

/ JD 111 any good for racing? #3  
I had a 111 that I bought from a guy with a bad rearend, but he had given me a used replacement with it. I put it on and it didn't last long either. I have a feeling that they weren't very durable. I asked at the dealer if they were rebuildable and they said that you could still get all of the internals for them. Luckily, while being a small mower, it was still a quality mower that you could rebuild. I never did, and sold the mower for cheap since I really had no interest in it.

to be honest though, it didn't strike me as being a very durable tractor overall and I don't know that I would try to race it.

/ JD 111 any good for racing? #4  
I had a 111 that I bought from a guy with a bad rearend....

'Ya gotta feel sorry for a guy with bad rearend....

/ JD 111 any good for racing? #5  
'Ya gotta feel sorry for a guy with bad rearend....

that's why I was willing to buy a broken tractor from him I guess...:laughing:

... bad choice of wording I suppose.