GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #11  
avar said:
That kit looks a lot like what I saw on the old tracktor where the snowthrower came from. Thank you very much.

Carl that is a pretty nice setup with the cab, when the wind starts blowing the snow around that looks like it would be very comfortable, was that something that JD sold?

Thank you again for all the replies,

Not a John Deere, it's a 12 year old Curtis cab. You can't beat a cab when the wind is blowin!

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #12  
Not a John Deere, it's a 12 year old Curtis cab. You can't beat a cab when the wind is blowin!

couldn't agree more! my X585 with blower and cab is an awesome snow removal machine. someday i may add a heater, but
i really don't need it, i'm not out there that long.

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower
Well, I got the remaining parts and put it together the best I can, the manual is going to take 4 -5 weeks so I couldn't wait. I haven't powered it up, it's too early in the morning but before I do I have to question if I put the rockshaft, lifter and yolks on correctly. The reason is that I had to loosen the yolks a fair bit before they would line up to connect to the rockshaft

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #14  
I don't remember having to loosen anything up to install my kit but I wouldn't be too concerned. Just make sure the parts are oriented like the diagram that was posted earlier in this thread.

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #15  
where did you get those yokes from? were they given to you from the original setup? or were they
new parts you had to buy after the fact?
if they were from the original setup, was the blower on the exact tractor model? or just a similar model
like a 345 instead of a GX?

the yokes were on the frame of the snowthrower that was used on the same model GX335 that I got the rockshaft and lifter from. It was an older model, by a few years by the look of it. I started it up thinking the hydraulics were not all the way down and it does seem to work, it's lifting about 4" off the ground. The thing that confused me was that I loosend the yokes and lifted the blower about 2 inches so that I can pin the yokes to the rockershaft. There is no play in the yokes when the blower is on the ground so I imagine it's pulling the tractor's front end down a little. From what I can see there is nothing else holding the snowthrower up other than the 2 yokes hooked to the rockershaft and the two hooks that hook on at the end. There is a the stablizer bar on the snowthrower that I can't see where it connects to, any idea where that might go?
IMG_9275.JPG

IMG_9276.JPG

IMG_9277.JPG

IMG_9274.JPG

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #17  
The trackbar should attach to a hole in the front weight bar, the part of the frame that is exposed when the center plastic bumper is removed.

Pretty sure the snowthrower on our 355 only raises 4-5 inches off the ground......

Yes, I found the hole under the front bumber, I tried that initially but it didn't seem to fit till I lifted and lowered the blower, I imagine it was a little out of line. Looks like I'm almost ready for snow, I put the weights on the wheels and I have the chains left to do.

Thank you again everone for your help, it make all the difference.

Angelo

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #19  
snow? what's that?

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #20  
the yokes were on the frame of the snowthrower that was used on the same model GX335 that I got the rockshaft and lifter from. It was an older model, by a few years by the look of it. I started it up thinking the hydraulics were not all the way down and it does seem to work, it's lifting about 4" off the ground. The thing that confused me was that I loosend the yokes and lifted the blower about 2 inches so that I can pin the yokes to the rockershaft. There is no play in the yokes when the blower is on the ground so I imagine it's pulling the tractor's front end down a little. From what I can see there is nothing else holding the snowthrower up other than the 2 yokes hooked to the rockershaft and the two hooks that hook on at the end. There is a the stablizer bar on the snowthrower that I can't see where it connects to, any idea where that might go?
View attachment 292778

View attachment 292774

View attachment 292779

View attachment 292780

The stabilizer bar that you mentioned attaches just like fgross said, when the front center plastic bumper is removed, you will see the hole where it connects. One other thing I wanted to mention. You need to have the mower deck height adjustment set at zero, to get full lift on the blower. If I remember right, once I did that the blower lifted 6 to 8 inches off the ground. I say 6 to 8 because the blower did not lift level. One side was higher then the other. The stabilizer bar has 2 or 3 holes in it. Playing around with that helped level it some, but not 100%.