GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower
That just made my day, I was moving a few stones with the small trailer yesterday and going over a few hills the front end of the snowthrower was scraping the grass and I was saying a few more inches would have cleared it. I adjusted the deck to zero and that allowed me to tighten up the yolks to where they were when I got it and in turn raised the front to 6 or 7 inches, yahoo!! Thanks Thanks and Thanks again! :cool2:

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #22  
That just made my day, I was moving a few stones with the small trailer yesterday and going over a few hills the front end of the snowthrower was scraping the grass and I was saying a few more inches would have cleared it. I adjusted the deck to zero and that allowed me to tighten up the yolks to where they were when I got it and in turn raised the front to 6 or 7 inches, yahoo!! Thanks Thanks and Thanks again! :cool2:

You're very welcome, always glad to help. "GreenRules" told me about zeroing the deck, 2 years ago, when I was having the same problems as you. Now lets just hope we get some snow so you can try it out. Happy Holidays

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower
Is there any way to find out if the tire chains are the right size, I can't seem to fit them onto the tires I have. I'm not sure if the tractor it came from had the same size tires, they seem to be short by 2 horizontal chains. I imagine I could just add two rows but maybe it's better to get new chains. The tire size is 24 x 12 - 12

We had some snow today, and got to try out the thrower, it seems to be working well but it would have worked a lot better with the chains, lucky there wasn't too much snow, only a few snow drifts where I could use it on and I had to have some speed or it would just spin out, I can see it working very well with the chains.

Last edited:
   / GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #24  
Is there any way to find out if the tire chains are the right size, I can't seem to fit them onto the tires I have. I'm not sure if the tractor it came from had the same size tires, they seem to be short by 2 horizontal chains. I imagine I could just add two rows but maybe it's better to get new chains.

We had some snow today, and got to try out the thrower, it seems to be working well but it would have worked a lot better with the chains, lucky there wasn't too much snow, only a few snow drifts where I could use it on and I had to have some speed or it would just spin out, I can see it working very well with the chains.

If I still had them, I would get you a measurement, but unfortunately I don't. I can tell you this, once you do get a pair of chains on, and with enough weight on the rear, that tractor will pretty much get you through any size storm. I had the two wheel weights and 4 suitcase weights on a weight bracket. That was more than enough.