GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #1  

avar

Tractor
John Deere GX335
Picked up a GX335 this past summer 2012, and it is great, the 54" deck cuts through everything I can throw at it from the our 5 acre lot and there was lot to throw at it when we first got it. Now it's time for the winter setup and I'm looking for some help in setting up the 42" single stage snowthrower.

Looking around it seems the hydraulic setup is not in any of the manuals, has anyone found documentations, I've ordered manuals but from what I'm reading there may not be any reference to the hydraulic lift kit. I've been searching for a few days on the web and can't find too many references to it.

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-trac...tachments.html

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Try posting in one of the JD sections. More folks will see it and you will probably get some help.

Ken

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #3  
:welcome:

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #4  
avar said:
Picked up a GX335 this past summer 2012, and it is great, the 54" deck cuts through everything I can throw at it from the our 5 acre lot and there was lot to throw at it when we first got it. Now it's time for the winter setup and I'm looking for some help in setting up the 42" single stage snowthrower.

Looking around it seems the hydraulic setup is not in any of the manuals, has anyone found documentations, I've ordered manuals but from what I'm reading there may not be any reference to the hydraulic lift kit. I've been searching for a few days on the web and can't find too many references to it.

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-trac...tachments.html

To start off, does the GX335 have the hydraulic deck lift? If so the snow thrower is an easy setup. It hooks up in about 10 minutes tops. I had a GX345 with the snow thrower and loved it, wish I still had it. I don't remember if I had to install a front lift kit or not, but even if I did, it couldn't have been too big of a deal if I don't even remember it.

Here's my setup:

image-3192436273.jpg

image-2260932787.jpg

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #5  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden forum.

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #6  
Some years ago I traded my 335 for a 355 and was surprised to find that there was no front rockshaft installed, which is needed for the snowblower or front blade. I'm 99% certain the GX tractors work the same way. There is a rear rockshaft that raises/lowers the mower deck. The front rockshaft is essentially the same thing and is mounted just under the engine and connects via a shaft to the rear rockshaft. Two draft links connect each end of the rockshaft to the frame of the snowblower and this what raises and lowers the snowblower.........

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower
Yes, it does have the hydraulic deck lift installed. I'm waiting for the bar that goes under the belly of the tractor, I believe that is where the end of the snowthrower connects up. I'm not sure what else they will pull off the old tractor where the snowthrower came from, I should have the rest of the parts in a day or two. Here are a couple of photos of the thrower and the underside of the tractor.IMG_9257.JPGIMG_9253.JPGIMG_9261.JPG
Thanks for replying,

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #8  
Some years ago I traded my 335 for a 355 and was surprised to find that there was no front rockshaft installed, which is needed for the snowblower or front blade. I'm 99% certain the GX tractors work the same way. There is a rear rockshaft that raises/lowers the mower deck. The front rockshaft is essentially the same thing and is mounted just under the engine and connects via a shaft to the rear rockshaft. Two draft links connect each end of the rockshaft to the frame of the snowblower and this what raises and lowers the snowblower.........

Yup, its all coming back to me now. I believe thats exactly how it works. And if I remember right it was a very easy install.

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower #9  
lift.jpghere's a pic of the lift kit, BM20781, there were prior numbers of the kit for older models, but basically they were
all similar....
it consists of a rockshaft, and the lift strap etc.. pretty simple.

/ GX335 54" deck and 42" snowthrower
That kit looks a lot like what I saw on the old tractor where the snowthrower came from. Thank you very much.

Carl that is a pretty nice setup with the cab, when the wind starts blowing the snow around that looks like it would be very comfortable, was that something that JD sold?

Thank you again for all the replies,

Last edited: