JD Z425 mower

/ JD Z425 mower #1  

x everything

Tractor
JD 2305
Has anyone out there who is an owner of a Z425 mower had problems with the seat?
It has no padding, is like sitting on a board and there is no back support.
If your lawn is not 'golf course smooth' you will have your back shook to pieces!
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

/ JD Z425 mower #2  
Has anyone out there who is an owner of a Z425 mower had problems with the seat?
It has no padding, is like sitting on a board and there is no back support.
If your lawn is not 'golf course smooth' you will have your back shook to pieces!
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Hello Chris
I got an idea and it won't cost you much. Find a Lawn Mower Bone yard and see if you can buy and Old John Deere Lawn Tractor seat. The seat itself is not what you are after, so The Onwer of the bone Yard won't hit you much for a Ragged looking one, you will be Harvesting the U-shaped seat springs from it. ;) Look at the bottom of your seat before going to a Bone Yard. I would be willing to bet it has a Multi hole Pattern made into it. If that is the case you should be able to bolt up a Vintage set of U-Shaped John Deere Lawn Tractor springs under your seat. It will soften the ride and Raise you up about 4" to see your Mowing Path better. Here is a Picture of my 318 showing these seat spring's, Ths will be what you are looking for. If your seat does not have a Multi Bolt Pattern you could make up a Plate to fit between your seat and the U-shaped spring's that will allow proper bolting of it. I hope this Help's, General Stuart

002443.JPG