JD 330 mower

/ JD 330 mower #1  

motreefarmer

Tractor
1974 IH 574, 1988 Case IH 585
Last summer, I did a job for a gentleman. We were on in one of his sheds looking for some materials and I noticed he had this 330 tractor setting there. I asked him about it and he said it did run but it ran rough. He ask me if I wanted it and I said yes. Got it home and tried to start it. Got it to crank over but when it got to almost starting, the control module would kick out. John Deere doesn't list the part and I can't find them on the internet. Been thinking about rewiring it with just a basic system and do away with the control module. Anybody out there done anything like this with a another diesel tractor?

/ JD 330 mower #2  
Those tractors have several safety switches on them that have to work together . Seat switch .PTO switch , neutral switch on Hydro lever . These have to have perfect connections or you will not get correct voltage at the ECM . Jack up the rear end , and jump wire + battery to + starter and see what happens . If these systems do not get full voltage they do not work . Just trying to help .

/ JD 330 mower
I've tried the battery to starter thing with a remote start switch. Like I said the engine will get to the point where it will get ready "to fire" but the control module kicks out and shut all the electrical off. Then I have to wait awhile for the control module to reset. I'm old school and I don't think much of a lot of these machines that are over engineered and made to be idiot proof. But thanks for your help.