The X700 clear-out has begun.

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
John Deere is now offering $1,000 off the price of new X700 series machines.

Last I heard, the new X700 series will be officially revealed next month in February, so it makes sense they are starting the rebates now.

Residential Save $1,000 USD on X700 Select Series

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #2  
Since you could buy them for 15% off two years ago that offer could be beat anyway.

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #3  
Has anyone seen the replacement to the X-series models at dealerships yet?

I'm trying to decide if I want a new X740 with a 7-iron mower or wait on the new replacement models. My local dealer has one X740 left. If the new mowers that replace the 7-iron mower are the same as on my Z655, they will be a very good mower. I think the new models will be easier to hook up the PTO mower drive also. Decision time...

Bill

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #4  
Bill,
just my gut feeling but since you lave a selection of tractors to choose from you might be better off getting a clearance deal on the x740 with the heavier built deck. Since you have the other tractors you probably don't need to take the deck off the mower as often as most of these guy's.

i would shop the pricing and compare at your dealer to help decide which one to go with.

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #5  
I have the 7 iron on. X748se. Mower on / off is about 10 minutes. I only take it off for the 54 inch snow blower

I would recommend buying now to get the heavier gauge 7 iron

Andy

/ The X700 clear-out has begun. #6  
My local JD dealer made my decision for me. The only remaining X740 has been sold. He didn't have a 7-Iron mower to go with it in inventory. I have been busy with the installation of my 20kw Kohler home standby generator and didn't get back to my JD dealer in time. I want to see what the new models are like since I'm in no hurry to spend the $$.:)

Bill