John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #1  

bkivi

Tractor
JOhn Deere 445
JD 445 started to run rough and finally completely running rough. Pulled plug wire on left side and ran the same. Tried to swap coils and problem stayed on left side. Dont have compression test guage, but put thumb over spark plug hole and it popped my thumb off with good force. With plug out on left side still runs the same. Watched as compression comes out of hole. Took off all fuel lines and tried to put sea foam in each. Let sit for awhile and put back together. Same thing. No firing on left side. Lots of spark on left side.

Need suggestions.

Thanks

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #2  
ignition control module.

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #3  
My buddy had the same issue with his JD 44?. It ended up being a fuel shut off solenoid that failed halfway open. It fed enough fuel to run the right side but not the left side. I cant remember if his was fuel injected or carb, it was a few years ago. I want to say it was a 445 but Im not 100% sure. Hope this helps.

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing
Any idea where the solenoid is located. Doing more diagnostics and it certainly is looking like no fuel left hand side cylinder.

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #5  
This is where it gets foggy for me. It was on the side of the motor, on the bottom side of what I thought was the carb.

well, Im still working on it. JD dealer gave suggestion that push rods maybe were not allowing valves to open and close properly. So I took off valve cover and the push rods and gaps are ok.

But, I did find out that when turning over engine to observe push rods I did get it to fire, but not run. This is with the right hand side plug disconnected.

So, what do you all think. Fuel related? THis was one of those problems that seems to get a little bit worse while blowing snow the other day, and than right before I put it away it really started supttering and barely running.

I had just changed fuel filter a couple of weeks ago.

well, more interesting news to report. I have found a lot of comments on different sites about the fuel line hose within the tank going bad. So, I took off back fender/seat assy and took out fuel pump and inspected it. DIdn;t appear to be any cracks in the hose. Can someone who has seen these cracks let me know if the are microscopic. I put the pump back in without changing anything and the mower fired up and was running pretty good. Go figure that one. Just by removing and installing fuel pump I go from barely able to run, to running ok. So I took it out again to look very close at it. Didn't find anything, so I put it back in. Tried to run it again and back to the same thing where it barely runs for a few seconds. While it was sputtering, I loosened the collar on fuel pump and that made it run better.

Any thoughts on where I go from here. I did take the whole unit out and will bring it to the dealer to see if they see anything.

I thought I would keep on writing about my findings with each attempted fix. So, today I took fuel pump out and replaced little 2" hose. It now runs better than before, but still hesitates. I am getting out of options.

Anyone have anything else I can try.

Thanks

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #9  
Maybe its the fuel pump itself. You mess with the pump and situation changes: seems to point to something right there.

/ John Deere 445 fuel injection left side cylinder not firing #10  
Has to be in the pump.. the way the fuel is delivered into the cylinder is one injector for both banks.

Have you simply turned the key to on with the fuel line disconnected from the motor - it should pump out at a pretty good rate. If you aren't getting good strong fuel up the the motor it's something inbetween. Perhaps a connection that is intermitent at the pump?