x320 jd mower deck - my screwup

/ x320 jd mower deck - my screwup #1  

hoddykubody

Bronze Member
Tractor
3520 jd
I made the mistake of removing the mower deck on my x320 without lowering the deck adjustment . Upon installing the deck I cannot get the deck up by lifting with block of wood and prying up . I have the mower depth setting at 3and 1/2 " now . Is there a way to lower the deck adjustment with no weight bearing on the rear arms . By that I mean with the deck off can I lower the deck adjustment without damaging the mechanism. If I remember right dealer said to only make adjustments when the deck is locked up . Any help fellas? I know late nights in the shop .

/ x320 jd mower deck - my screwup #2  
i believe the manual will confirm this, but it should be ok to turn your mower height dial to
the low setting, then release the foot pedal. after the pedal is released, pull back against the
spring tension and use the locking handle to hold it back. this should put the arms down with
no upward pressure.

/ x320 jd mower deck - my screwup
Thanks Dutch that's exactly what I did after rethinking the kabosh. Deck removed cleaned removed , sharpened blades, painted the wear spots, neverseized the guage wheels - no zerk - and installed . Thanks again