54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron

/ 54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron #11  
My 54c does a great job. Can't tell the difference between my lawn and the neighbors lawn that is cut by pros with ZTR's.

/ 54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron #12  
I don't see the 54c as a compromise... it's a great deck for a lawn with lots of trees, like mine. I made the same decisions when I purchased my x720. My yard is flat with little snow, no need for AWD, I have no diesel equipment and know how to repair gas engines, so I opted for the best gas engine tractor I could get......for me. You got a great tractor, have fun with it and good luck.

/ 54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron #13  
My 54c does a great job. Can't tell the difference between my lawn and the neighbors lawn that is cut by pros with ZTR's.

You're going to get a beautiful cut with either deck, as long as its adjusted properly and you're cutting at the correct speed. With a 7-iron deck you can just do it faster and still get the same cut. I don't have the actual numbers, but the blade speed on the 7-iron is much higher than a regular deck. At least thats how my dealer explained it to me. I'll see if I can find some specs.

/ 54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron
I go in on Thursday afternoon to sign the papers. The salesman ordered the SE seat, dual bucket holder/2 JD buckets and receiver hitch kit yesterday. That stuff is suppose to be here next week. It sounds like I will be taking delivery in about 2 to 3 weeks time.

Overall I walked away with the X740, brush guard, SE seat, front fenders, receiver hitch kit, double bucket mount and 2 JD buckets, and 54 inch deck, for about $12,000 with taxes and all. Around here that is a good price, in Canada we get shafted bad!

So basically, it's a X740SE.

/ 54 inch deck vs 60 inch 7 iron #15  
Hope this works out for you.:thumbsup:

I really don't get the concern for the SE upgrade if you are on a budget.:confused3: I looked at a 748 with it and while the seat is a little nicer it was in the way of my turning around to deal with the rear attachments.