Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #1  

Grateful11

Veteran Member
I was expecting a bit more than this short teaser but it's better than nothing. I searched the forum and didn't find this, sorry if it's a repost.

X700 Signature Series Mower Deck

X700 Signature Series Tractors Preview JohnDeere.com

We stopped at one of the largest JD dealers around after leaving the Southern Farm Show last week and he claims the new X700 series is going to MSRP lower than the last years.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #2  
Makes me wonder if I am making a mistake on my X740 purchase this Thursday. I hope I won't miss any of the new features. I am also hoping the HC deck will fit my X740 in a year or two.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #3  
While I find the decks on the prior models can be an irritation to remove/replace they seem to be higher overall quality than what I am seeing with these new models. We will know for sure after the new ones get some use.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #4  
Makes me wonder if I am making a mistake on my X740 purchase this Thursday. I hope I won't miss any of the new features. I am also hoping the HC deck will fit my X740 in a year or two.

Rumor has it that Deere needed to reduce the weight to comply with guvment standards of less than 1345lbs if not equipped with a rops for 2014. I find it a little ironic that the deck had to loose weight to accomplish this as the 7 iron deck's extra weight close to the ground would tend to lower the COG reducing the chance for a rollover. Sure wish the feds were less involved in our everyday lives. I would stick with the x740 and not look back.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #5  
Agree! This is nothing more than Deere cheapening up the current platforms to conform to the new weight restrictions.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #6  
Agree! This is nothing more than Deere cheapening up the current platforms to conform to the new weight restrictions.

When I left the dealer today I was actually glad that I went with the current model tractor. My X740 will be delivered in 2 weeks, and it was the last X740 around for a very long ways. I test drove it with 0.1 hrs on the clock, must be brand spankin new!

The salesman told me the new models are lighter by at least 100 pounds, and actually more costly to purchase. Speculation is about $400 - $500 more for each model than current prices. So, more money, for a lighter tractor, that took less material to build, and it won't get as much traction...yea. It was an easy decision!

MSRP is going up all the time, if you can snag a 2012 model like I did, do it now! That $1,000 rebate off really helps!

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #7  
i have read that the 45 FEL is not available for the 2013 7XX series which leads me to believe that it will be redesigned.
also, i have read that the current 45 loader is discontinued.

my question is, "does discontinuing the current 45 loader drive the prices up or down?"

i have wanted a loader. should i go buy a new one now or will there be "closeout" prices since there will not be any current new models available that it will fit?

TIA
geek

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #8  
i have read that the 45 FEL is not available for the 2013 7XX series which leads me to believe that it will be redesigned.
also, i have read that the current 45 loader is discontinued.

my question is, "does discontinuing the current 45 loader drive the prices up or down?"

i have wanted a loader. should i go buy a new one now or will there be "closeout" prices since there will not be any current new models available that it will fit?

TIA
geek

I think if you seriously want a loader, you should be looking into it now.

Before I bought my X740 on Thursday, I assumed there was plenty of 2012 models left. It's a good thing I started searching for one this early in the year, because in Western Canada, there are almost no 2012 X700 series left, they are practically sold out. If I had waited even another month, it would have been too close to spring, and I bet you any money it would have been gone.

On the other hand, very very few people actually buy a loader for the X700 series. My dealership has actually never brought one in, ever. So, there might be lots of them left, but there might not be either.

Since these loaders only fit the models that are being cleared out, I would think you stand an excellent chance at a serious price drop. If they don't play ball with you, they can't sell these loaders to 2013 X7 series owners, so they almost have to take whatever you offer, or end up getting in trouble for keeping stale inventory on hand.

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #9  
I will take my 7 iron deck over that new deck,looks kind of cheap.coobie

/ Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video #10  
looks to me that it is a drive over deck as well....not sure if i like that