Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video

I was expecting a bit more than this short teaser but it's better than nothing. I searched the forum and didn't find this, sorry if it's a repost.

X700 Signature Series Mower Deck

X700 Signature Series Tractors Preview JohnDeere.com

We stopped at one of the largest JD dealers around after leaving the Southern Farm Show last week and he claims the new X700 series is going to MSRP lower than the last years.
    '14 Kubota MX5100 w/FEL & 3rd Func.
    '11 John Deere 5065M /cab
    '10 Kubota L3940 w/FEL
    '09 JD X720
    '91 CaseIH 5140 Maxxum w/cab
    '78 IH 686 w/M&W Turbo 106 PTO hp w/canopy

Default Re: Just received a link to the new X700 series teaser video

Makes me wonder if I am making a mistake on my X740 purchase this Thursday. I hope I won't miss any of the new features. I am also hoping the HC deck will fit my X740 in a year or two.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

While I find the decks on the prior models can be an irritation to remove/replace they seem to be higher overall quality than what I am seeing with these new models. We will know for sure after the new ones get some use.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

Quote Originally Posted by JDTank View Post
    Makes me wonder if I am making a mistake on my X740 purchase this Thursday. I hope I won't miss any of the new features. I am also hoping the HC deck will fit my X740 in a year or two.

Rumor has it that Deere needed to reduce the weight to comply with guvment standards of less than 1345lbs if not equipped with a rops for 2014. I find it a little ironic that the deck had to loose weight to accomplish this as the 7 iron deck's extra weight close to the ground would tend to lower the COG reducing the chance for a rollover. Sure wish the feds were less involved in our everyday lives. I would stick with the x740 and not look back.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Agree! This is nothing more than Deere cheapening up the current platforms to conform to the new weight restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Agree! This is nothing more than Deere cheapening up the current platforms to conform to the new weight restrictions.
    When I left the dealer today I was actually glad that I went with the current model tractor. My X740 will be delivered in 2 weeks, and it was the last X740 around for a very long ways. I test drove it with 0.1 hrs on the clock, must be brand spankin new!

The salesman told me the new models are lighter by at least 100 pounds, and actually more costly to purchase. Speculation is about $400 - $500 more for each model than current prices. So, more money, for a lighter tractor, that took less material to build, and it won't get as much traction...yea. It was an easy decision!

MSRP is going up all the time, if you can snag a 2012 model like I did, do it now! That $1,000 rebate off really helps!

Tractor
    X728

i have read that the 45 FEL is not available for the 2013 7XX series which leads me to believe that it will be redesigned.
    also, i have read that the current 45 loader is discontinued.

my question is, "does discontinuing the current 45 loader drive the prices up or down?"

i have wanted a loader. should i go buy a new one now or will there be "closeout" prices since there will not be any current new models available that it will fit?

TIA
    geek

Quote Originally Posted by glgeek View Post
    i have read that the 45 FEL is not available for the 2013 7XX series which leads me to believe that it will be redesigned.
    also, i have read that the current 45 loader is discontinued.

my question is, "does discontinuing the current 45 loader drive the prices up or down?"

i have wanted a loader. should i go buy a new one now or will there be "closeout" prices since there will not be any current new models available that it will fit?

TIA
    geek
    I think if you seriously want a loader, you should be looking into it now.

Before I bought my X740 on Thursday, I assumed there was plenty of 2012 models left. It's a good thing I started searching for one this early in the year, because in Western Canada, there are almost no 2012 X700 series left, they are practically sold out. If I had waited even another month, it would have been too close to spring, and I bet you any money it would have been gone.

On the other hand, very very few people actually buy a loader for the X700 series. My dealership has actually never brought one in, ever. So, there might be lots of them left, but there might not be either.

Since these loaders only fit the models that are being cleared out, I would think you stand an excellent chance at a serious price drop. If they don't play ball with you, they can't sell these loaders to 2013 X7 series owners, so they almost have to take whatever you offer, or end up getting in trouble for keeping stale inventory on hand.

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

I will take my 7 iron deck over that new deck,looks kind of cheap.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    03 4710, 06 728

looks to me that it is a drive over deck as well....not sure if i like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast