Default Tips for new X740 owner.

In just under 2 weeks I take delivery of my 2012 X740 with the 54 inch deck.

What I am wondering is, are there any tips, tricks, or helpful knowledge any fellow X700 owners can share with me? I know every machine has tricks or maintenance tips, so I am just wondering if anyone knows some? The worst part of this is the anticipation! The second I sat on that machine, I knew the only way I was leaving that dealership was with me owning the last X740 around these parts!

Tractor
    X728

Default Re: Tips for new X740 owner.

now the wait begins . . .

tip

buy some protect-all from your local motorcycle accessories store. makes the hood shine

did you get a snowblower?

No snow blower for me, I live on the west coast in Canada, otherwise known as the Wet Coast. Rains 6 months of the year, snows 1 day a year!

For now, I had to keep things as basic as I could. I could only afford the payment if I stuck with just the tractor and the 54 inch deck. My way of thinking is, this is my new hobby. It will be more fun, and more like a hobby, to add things myself as I go, a labor of love.

I am just thankful I purchased one of the current series machines, and not the new ones. I know this design is rock solid, and parts are readily available. Also, as we all know, John Deere has dropped the weight considerably on the new x700 series, and increased prices. We all know the new models will not see any discounts or rebates for quite some time. I managed to land such a good deal I had to take it, I rung that salesman dry like a wet cloth. For once, it wasn't the other way around, a point for the good guys!

Tractor
    X728

don't forget to post pictures when it gets home !!

Don't worry I won't. This is going to be the longest week and a half of my life.