Oil filter wrench for D130 mower?

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #1  

J F

Elite Member
Tractor
ShovelandBarrow
I just did the 8 hour lube/oil/filter change (not sure if the filter needed replacing, but I had the jd one from my old mower, so used it/same part #). I had to pound a screw driver through the filter to get it loosened (no filter wrench), and would like to avoid that for the next time.

What are you guys using for this small filter? I can find something online, of course (amazon, etc), but figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #2  
have yuo tried a strap wrench? I use on on oil filters from the big 2 quart ones down to the 8oz ones.. made from a seatbelt and a piece of square tube that a 1/2" drive socket fits into the end neatly.

notch one end of the tube and slip the belt in doubled on itself.. slip end on filter.. and then wind like a ratchet strap.. I've never crushed a filter wit this setup.. and never had one NOT yeild either..

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower?
Thanks, but no, I havn't tried anything other than murderin' the filter with with "acupuncture", so far. I must have had a wrench for the old mower, but darned if I can remember it (maybe a post for the "how long have you looked for a tool" thread :laughing:).

I don't mind getting a standard filter wrench (small size), just figured I check and see before I ordered one.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #4  
make one.. :)

:laughing: Quit it. I want the quick, easy way out. By the way, I graduated from Seminole h.s. in Sanford, my mom and step-dad live in Deland.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #6  
if you want to buy a wrench istead of making one go to lowes and pick up the kobalt strap type filter wrench it adjust to different sizes works great.

Thanks, I'll probably order that or something similar online (I hate "real" shopping), ya just never know when something new under the sun might have come out...like the "easy" button. :D

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #8  
:laughing: Quit it. I want the quick, easy way out. By the way, I graduated from Seminole h.s. in Sanford, my mom and step-dad live in Deland.

my MIL lives 25m north of deland. I drive thru there at least 1/month.

I occasionly hit sanford too.. :)

As always, a small world (especially with the interwebnet :laughing:). :drink:

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #10  
in fact.. monday I'm going to see the mIL.

she's quite old and I have to go by every few weeks to take care of her house while the wife takes her out to lunch..e tc.

occasionally they let me tag along if I have the yard chores done, all the lampos changed that are out.. etc.. :)

when we go over.. my wife brings a book to read and newspaper articles to talk to her mother about.

I bring a ladder and work gloves.. :)