Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator

/ Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator #1  

Carl Bert

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, John deere X595
I just installed a linear actuator on my JD 47" snow blower. A guy on ebay is selling these kits all set up with the wiring harness, switch, bolts, everything needed and step by step instructions, it even includes JD logo stickers. It works great, worth every penny. Here are some pictures:

IMG_1149.jpgIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1151.jpgIMG_1152.jpgIMG_1153.jpg

/ Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator #2  
Previous threads/posts described a linear actuator setup for the chute on a JD 59" blower, and said the vibration killed it...don't know more than that. Your thoughts?? I am very intrigued by this setup, as I have the JDX720, JD soft cab for winter, 47" blower with push-pull-cable chute deflector. Your photos look great and the setup looks neat and clean. Can you send a link?? Is the harness fused? What is the list price and the real-world price? Thanks and good work!

/ Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator
Yes the harness is fused. The price is $159 plus shipping. Just do a search on Ebay for "Linear actuator snow blower" and 3 will come up. They are all from the same guy, but have different switch types. I know he has sold over 80 of these setups, with no complaints. When you say "vibration killed it", do you mean it actually damaged the linear actuator itself? I can only hope thats not the case. I guess time will tell.

/ Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator #4  
Yes the harness is fused. The price is $159 plus shipping. Just do a search on Ebay for "Linear actuator snow blower" and 3 will come up. They are all from the same guy, but have different switch types. I know he has sold over 80 of these setups, with no complaints. When you say "vibration killed it", do you mean it actually damaged the linear actuator itself? I can only hope thats not the case. I guess time will tell.

Wasn't stated explicitly that the actuator was damaged, but that was my inference. Thanks for the info...I'm going to get one.