Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Default Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator

I just installed a linear actuator on my JD 47" snow blower. A guy on ebay is selling these kits all set up with the wiring harness, switch, bolts, everything needed and step by step instructions, it even includes JD logo stickers. It works great, worth every penny. Here are some pictures:

-img_1149-jpg-img_1150-jpg-img_1151-jpg-img_1152-jpg-img_1153-jpg
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    JD 4720

Default Re: Snow blower snow chute w/ linear actuator

Previous threads/posts described a linear actuator setup for the chute on a JD 59" blower, and said the vibration killed it...don't know more than that. Your thoughts?? I am very intrigued by this setup, as I have the JDX720, JD soft cab for winter, 47" blower with push-pull-cable chute deflector. Your photos look great and the setup looks neat and clean. Can you send a link?? Is the harness fused? What is the list price and the real-world price? Thanks and good work!
    Mark

JD 4720, 400X FEL, JD MX6 Brush Cutter, 72" JD 7-Iron MM mower, 7ft Farm King disk, 6ft LandPride scraper/pulverizer, 7ft King Kutter II rotary tiller, 7ft King Kutter landscape rake, 6ft Buhler box scraper, 2-row Yetter planter, 3pt quick hitch, 3pt trailer hitch lift, 3pt carryall, Hydraulic top link, Wallenstein BX62 chipper

JD X720, 60" 7-Iron mower, 47" front-mount snowblower.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Yes the harness is fused. The price is $159 plus shipping. Just do a search on Ebay for "Linear actuator snow blower" and 3 will come up. They are all from the same guy, but have different switch types. I know he has sold over 80 of these setups, with no complaints. When you say "vibration killed it", do you mean it actually damaged the linear actuator itself? I can only hope thats not the case. I guess time will tell.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    JD 4720

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    Yes the harness is fused. The price is $159 plus shipping. Just do a search on Ebay for "Linear actuator snow blower" and 3 will come up. They are all from the same guy, but have different switch types. I know he has sold over 80 of these setups, with no complaints. When you say "vibration killed it", do you mean it actually damaged the linear actuator itself? I can only hope thats not the case. I guess time will tell.
    Wasn't stated explicitly that the actuator was damaged, but that was my inference. Thanks for the info...I'm going to get one.
    Mark

JD 4720, 400X FEL, JD MX6 Brush Cutter, 72" JD 7-Iron MM mower, 7ft Farm King disk, 6ft LandPride scraper/pulverizer, 7ft King Kutter II rotary tiller, 7ft King Kutter landscape rake, 6ft Buhler box scraper, 2-row Yetter planter, 3pt quick hitch, 3pt trailer hitch lift, 3pt carryall, Hydraulic top link, Wallenstein BX62 chipper

JD X720, 60" 7-Iron mower, 47" front-mount snowblower.