Here it is The new x700 info

/ Here it is The new x700 info #21  
I think it is a nice looking machine.

What gauge metal were the decks made out of before? They are 9 gauge now.

The 7 iron decks are 7 gauge metal.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #23  
That makes sense:laughing: 9 gauge is still really thick for a deck.

I am not certain but I think every deck besides the 7 iron has been 9 gauge. Like you said, that is still very thick.

The autoconnect and drive over are nice features, but I am pretty confident these could be adapted to 2008 - 2012 model machines. I am only guessing of course, but from all the photos I have seen, it looks like the mounting setup for the deck is the same as it was before.

I do feel 100 pounds is a big weight loss. In a 1000 pound tractor, your losing 10 percent...10 percent. That is a HUGE loss of weight in one production change. New cars are lucky to lose a few percent in weight every few years. In the X700 series, lost weight = less traction.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #24  
And the HC autoconnect deck is a big plus. <snip> The mower deck is a sticking point for me. Can't decide.

Just so you know -- the autoconnect is an OPTION on the 2013's (it doesn't come standard). I think the cost is relatively low though.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #25  
Just so you know -- the autoconnect is an OPTION on the 2013's (it doesn't come standard). I think the cost is relatively low though.

Which is a load of you know what IMO. They increase retail pricing by $900, shed weight, and then you have to pay for auto-connect. If I remember correctly its about a $250 option. For the few times my deck will be removed, I can definitely live without that option. My 54'' deck is very easy to take off as it is.

/ Here it is The new x700 info
Due to my back problems and the stroke I had last summer the auto-connect deck and snow blower will be a dream come true. I spend way more than 250.00 each year at the chiropractor, maybe this will save me some.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #27  
If I'm going to spend $13k on a tractor like this I'm going to not quibble over 2 or 3 hundred for autoconnect. I have years of experience taking these type decks off and on. Not hard is true, but not all that convenient either. So if you want to use tillers, scrapers, rakes or other attachments where youd want more ground clearance on a regular basis I think you would grow to appreciate the autoconnect. I know I'd take mine off more often if I had autoconnect. Now if you only take it off once or twice a year, there would be no advantage.

My understanding also is hat these new decks are far better than the standards decks on last years models. That is most important to me: durability and cut quality. Autoconnect is just a little sweetener on top.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #28  
If I'm going to spend $13k on a tractor like this I'm going to not quibble over 2 or 3 hundred for autoconnect. I have years of experience taking these type decks off and on. Not hard is true, but not all that convenient either. So if you want to use tillers, scrapers, rakes or other attachments where youd want more ground clearance on a regular basis I think you would grow to appreciate the autoconnect. I know I'd take mine off more often if I had autoconnect. Now if you only take it off once or twice a year, there would be no advantage.

My understanding also is hat these new decks are far better than the standards decks on last years models. That is most important to me: durability and cut quality. Autoconnect is just a little sweetener on top.

We won't know the difference until someone buys one and posts here. I hope the new HC decks are everything they look to be, because if they are, I will be trading in my 54 inch!

/ Here it is The new x700 info #29  
Ok, I may be a new member but I have been following this site for some time and this thread particularly.

The new 54" and 60" HC decks were designed to mimic the 60" 7-iron deck which owners have raved about. The deck material is only 9 ga. verses the 7 ga. of the 7-iron, as previously noted, but is still made of heavier ga. material than now older decks. Not that the older decks were bad, just stating the newer ones are heavier.

I specifically asked my JD dealer about taking advantage of the great pricing deal on a 2012 model X748 and then purchasing one of the new 60" HC decks when they became available. He told me the the new HC decks are NOT backwards compatible. They will only fit the 2013 models.

In the mean time, after receiving information from several sources about the new X700 Signature Series GTs, I have decided to wait and purchase a new X758. The new HC deck along with the optional auto connect feature, and several other refinements convinced me.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #30  
Ok, I may be a new member but I have been following this site for some time and this thread particularly.

The new 54" and 60" HC decks were designed to mimic the 60" 7-iron deck which owners have raved about. The deck material is only 9 ga. verses the 7 ga. of the 7-iron, as previously noted, but is still made of heavier ga. material than now older decks. Not that the older decks were bad, just stating the newer ones are heavier.

I specifically asked my JD dealer about taking advantage of the great pricing deal on a 2012 model X748 and then purchasing one of the new 60" HC decks when they became available. He told me the the new HC decks are NOT backwards compatible. They will only fit the 2013 models.

In the mean time, after receiving information from several sources about the new X700 Signature Series GTs, I have decided to wait and purchase a new X758. The new HC deck along with the optional auto connect feature, and several other refinements convinced me.

Even if they aren't compatible, us current X700 series owners can order the 7 Iron deck, which as we all know is the best deck around.

I wonder if the current 7 iron deck fits on the new X700 series? You would think so because the new decks are clones of the 7 iron, but stranger things have happened. Truthfully speaking, you don't need a mower deck built with 7 gauge steel. Even 9 gauge is plenty, but 7 gauge is overkill, and makes the mower deck very difficult to move by hand.

As far as the decks not being backwards compatible, I don't see how that is possible. Why? Because we know the current 7 iron deck fits the 2008 to 2012 model X700 series. If the new decks are clones of the 7 iron in every way except for thickness, how could the new HC decks not possibly fit? If the new HC decks are in fact direct clones of the current 7-Iron, it would have to fit the 2008 to 2012 X700 series machines.