Here it is The new x700 info

/ Here it is The new x700 info #31  
I have the auto connect and the 60" 7 Iron deck on my 1026r. It is a great feature and I would not return to the old style of attaching and detaching a deck. However, on the 1026r, the auto connect hardware needs to be removed if you want to install the front pto to run the snow blower or broom. Its only about 5 minutes to take off and maybe a little more to put back on but if a customer is regularly switching from a mower to a front broom then the auto connect may not be the answer. Of course if it is just off in the fall for the blower and back on in the spring for mowing its not a big deal by any means. But if a customer uses the broom at different times during the summer then the advantage to the auto connect might be lost. I don't if the auto connect hardware has to be removed on the new X tractor but would think it is similar to the 1026.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #32  
All wheel steer is a must for me. If I could get the 7 iron in AWS, I'd go for a 2012 model. The standard decks on the 2012 and earlier aren't as good as the deck on my 1994 425, and I didn't want to take a step back in that area. These new decks with AWS is what interests me on the new models. Now if they just hadn't discontinued the Diesel AWS/AWD.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #33  
Good point TCowner. Even if the new X700 series requires the removal of the optional autoconnect mechanism to install the standard drive shaft for a snowblower, it still would my choice. For me, it's mower in the Summer, blower in the Winter. The little time and effort it would take to make the change over twice year would be of no inconvenience.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #34  
Smaller stature would actually be welcome for me. The x700's are just so big compared to my 455. I'd rather have something closer to the 455, but just how much smaller is the new series?

On edit it looks to me like the new series specs are no mower or deck. The old series was rated with deck and fuel so how does the 100# thing come up?

X750 60.6 cu in. (993 cc)

X740 68.1 cu in. (1,116 cc)

X748 55.2 cu in. (904 cc)

Dimensions appear to be same, but not sure what to trust with the specs?.

Last edited:
   / Here it is The new x700 info #35  
Smaller stature would actually be welcome for me. The x700's are just so big compared to my 455. I'd rather have something closer to the 455, but just how much smaller is the new series?

On edit it looks to me like the new series specs are no mower or deck. The old series was rated with deck and fuel so how does the 100# thing come up?

I noticed that as well and it sure seems misleading. I don't trust John Deere specs most of the time, because most of the time they are wrong. On new products especially, concrete numbers don't seem to come in until well after the product has been sold.

I did ask my local JD guy last week about the new X700 series. He had JUST gotten off the plane from the training course on these machines in Florida. He did say to me there was a fairly substantial weight drop. When I said 100 pounds he said that sounds about right, and that was it. My guess is John Deere has just thrown up numbers for now and will change them later, they tend to do that.

I think the new X700 series only looks smaller, and it is all because of that hood. The new hood is designed in such a way that it appears to be a lot smaller than the old machines. I think in the end the size is the same.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #36  

From comparing the specs, the new x700 isn't really much bigger than a 400 series. Same length and width, ~5 inches higher, ~6 inch longer wheelbase. You can tell the wheels are set further forward on the X700 series probably to accommodate the 4WD. This actually makes it less likely to hit things with the front of the tractor when cornering.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #37  
I'm fine with the x740, but she does most of the mowing and dislikes the "feel" of the larger hood, seat height etc especially for trimming around low hanging tree limbs.

I bought my 455 new back in 1995 or 6 and it's probably the last mower I'll ever need, but it would be nice to trade up and get equal turning radius left to right plus the smoother ride of longer wheelbase. My primary goal is better cut than the 54" deck that I have put up with the lousy cut on heavy grass for years.

My debate now is x740 or x748 with 60" 7 iron or the X750 and the new 54"

The $1000 rebate is intriguing

/ Here it is The new x700 info #38  
I'm fine with the x740, but she does most of the mowing and dislikes the "feel" of the larger hood, seat height etc especially for trimming around low hanging tree limbs.

I bought my 455 new back in 1995 or 6 and it's probably the last mower I'll ever need, but it would be nice to trade up and get equal turning radius left to right plus the smoother ride of longer wheelbase. My primary goal is better cut than the 54" deck that I have put up with the lousy cut on heavy grass for years.

My debate now is x740 or x748 with 60" 7 iron or the X750 and the new 54"

The $1000 rebate is intriguing

In my opinion, I do think your better off buying a left over 2012 X7 series, rather than a new 2013. Here is why.

1. The most obvious, the large discount right off the top.
2. It is the last production year, meaning all the kinks and issues from previous years should all be repaired. The last year of any model is almost always the most reliable.
3. Stale inventory. No dealership, especially John Deere dealerships, like to keep stale inventory around. You can use this as a negotiating tactic.

I am very confident the new HC decks WILL fit on the 2008 - 2012 series. We know the current 60'' 7-Iron fits, the new HC decks are direct clones of the 7-iron. In this case, technically, they will have to work on 2008 - 2012 X700 series machines. If you are unsure and don't want to take the chance, order the 7-Iron deck with a 2012 X7, and you have yourself an even better deck than the new HC decks anyways.

Either way, right now it's a win win decision for the consumer looking to buy an X700 series.

I pulled the trigger on my 2012 X740 a few weeks ago, and it was delivered to me last week. Now that I reflect on it, I am extremely glad I landed this last 2012 in my area. I know for a fact, had I passed this machine by, I likely would have regretted it for a very long time.

Remember as well, John Deere almost never offers any rebates on brand new models. The new X7's will be selling for MSRP, and these machines have a $900 higher MSRP than the 2012 units right off the bat. In the end, a 2013 X7 will likely cost you thousands more.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #39  
While John Deere Corporation may not offer any buyer incentives on the newly introduced 2013 X700 Signatures Series GTs, some dealers are. Example, Mutton Power Equipment in Fort Wayne Indiana, X754 MSRP $12,799 / Mutton Power's price $11,899. If you live out of state, they offer free shipping and NO sales tax. Then warranty work and dealer service may become an issue. Other dealerships will most likely be offering their own incentives as well. Granted the pricing on the 2012 X700 Series are the best and can't compare with the 2013 prices not matter what, but then again their are trade-offs between the old and new models to consider.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #40  
While John Deere Corporation may not offer any buyer incentives on the newly introduced 2013 X700 Signatures Series GTs, some dealers are. Example, Mutton Power Equipment in Fort Wayne Indiana, X754 MSRP $12,799 / Mutton Power's price $11,899. If you live out of state, they offer free shipping and NO sales tax. Then warranty work and dealer service may become an issue. Other dealerships will most likely be offering their own incentives as well. Granted the pricing on the 2012 X700 Series are the best and can't compare with the 2013 prices not matter what, but then again their are trade-offs between the old and new models to consider.

I don't think there are enough gains in the new 2013 models to buy one.

What are you gaining? The only new feature is the auto connect option, and HC drive over decks. The plastic has changed as far as looks go, but that doesn't affect performance. The standard seat is a bit better, but still no match for the SE seat.

I think it is all in the eye of the beholder. For some people, the few added options will make or break the deal. For others like myself, I am happier to land a 2012 that I know is reliable, proven, and all the kinks have been worked out.

One thing I will say, I am itching to see how many folks on here do buy a new 2013, and I can't wait to see some detailed photos!