Here it is The new x700 info

/ Here it is The new x700 info #2  
Looks like the fuel tank is small on the new diesel models also (5.2gal on the X758), but the displacement on the X758 engine is larger than the X748.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #3  
What makes me nervous about this new X7 series is John Deere had no choice but to drop the weight a large amount so they do not have to install a ROPS next year.

We know the decks are thinner gauge metal, I wouldn't be surprised if the frame is slightly thinner, and now weaker, which explains why you can no longer spec a loader on these machines. This is just speculation, but I have heard the body plastic was made slightly thinner as well. Overall, it translates into a weaker tractor for more money. They added some nice features like the autoconnect decks to justify the price increase.

I will say it again, thank goodness I landed my 2012 before they were all gone!

/ Here it is The new x700 info #4  
Just did a few quick comparisons and the most noticeable is the new machines are almost 100 pounds lighter, and hold about 5 less liters of fuel. Those are some of the worst areas you can compromise in a tractor, weight and fuel capacity. Other than that, they seem identical to the now older series. It seems the new models also use the 0.9L yanmar that is found in the 2012 units. I can't get over that lost fuel capacity, that is 2 hours of lost run time in between fill ups.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #5  
If the frames are thinner and weaker, you can bet if they spec out a loader for these models, they will have some sort of frame strengthing kit to go along with it. Honestly, looking at the price, I'm surprised more people don't jump to the 1000 series.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #6  
jd670,
I wouldn't expect Deere to offer the fel for the new series. Anyone wanting a fel should look at the larger machines with a real rops, extra weight on the rears and a ballast box but that combination is not ideal for mowing either. The hfwd is better for turf work than the mfwd imo, I never have problems on lawns with the x749 with full lock to lock turns. Just depends on what you need to do.

/ Here it is The new x700 info
I'm in favor of the auto connect drive over deck as it is a lot harder bending over, kneeling and related after having a stroke and getting older. Also did you notice the new seat ? two piece with adjustable back rest. I think I'll also go with a auto connect for the snowblower ! Oh Yeah gott'a have a brush gaurd.( they look cool)

/ Here it is The new x700 info #8  
jd670,
I wouldn't expect Deere to offer the fel for the new series. Anyone wanting a fel should look at the larger machines with a real rops, extra weight on the rears and a ballast box but that combination is not ideal for mowing either. The hfwd is better for turf work than the mfwd imo, I never have problems on lawns with the x749 with full lock to lock turns. Just depends on what you need to do.

I agree with you 100%

If a FEL is what you need/want, the X700 series isn't designed to be a good FEL machine. It is the best garden tractor out there IMO, but it isn't a SCUT, and it isn't meant to be. Putting a FEL onto an X700 series is like buying a small 4 cylinder car, and putting a trailer hitch on it. It might be able to pull a really small trailer, but it isn't designed for that, and is a waste of time.

The 1 series has it's place, but it's not on the lawn.

If cutting grass and garden tractor work is at the top of your list, I don't think there is anything better out there than the X700 series from JD.

/ Here it is The new x700 info #9  
I'm in favor of the auto connect drive over deck as it is a lot harder bending over, kneeling and related after having a stroke and getting older. Also did you notice the new seat ? two piece with adjustable back rest. I think I'll also go with a auto connect for the snowblower ! Oh Yeah gott'a have a brush gaurd.( they look cool)

Sure, autoconnect is a nice feature, but it comes at a cost, a tractor made even cheaper than before.

I am almost certain the autoconnect feature will be easily installed on the "now old" X700 series machines. I wouldn't rush out and trade in your current X700 for the new series just to gain autoconnect.

Also, isn't the SE seat equipped with an adjustable back rest?

/ Here it is The new x700 info #10  
That was what I ment about the FEL on the 700 series. If you want one, why not step up to the 1 series for the little difference in price. I was just responding to an earlier post about the redesigning the FEL for the new X700 machines. They were saying frames would be thinner and possibly weaker to comply with the new government weight ratings for L&G tractors. No diss was ment to the X700 series or their owners.