My new X740 with Pics!

/ My new X740 with Pics! #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
First off I will apologize for the somewhat shady photo quality. I took the photos in a big hurry because I had to rush off to work afterwards.

I have put 1 hour on the machine so far, just cruising around with a big smile on my face, ground is still too wet to do anything here! The ride is amazing. I originally was worried the standard seat would be terrible, but for what it is, it is actually a very comfortable seat. The turning radius is nothing short of amazing, and I can't say how nice it is to have power steering. Hitting ruts or holes is no big deal with power steering. Without power steering it wrenches your hand over and you could possibly break a finger.

I only see one downside in design so far and that is the oil dipstick for the engine. It is positioned in such a way that the only way to remove it is to bend it in half when you are removing it. Because the dipstick runs against the block when you do this, it smears the oil and does not give you an accurate reading. The reason you cannot lift straight up is wiring harnesses are in your way.

I promised myself I wouldn't get it dirty, but it is already dirty! I take it for a ride around the property each night when I get home from work, although it is raining and muddy. When you need your diesel fix, you just need it! Luckily the machine gets to live indoors, under the watchful eye of 2 security cameras :)

Overall, I feel this machine will last me for many, many years, and help me complete projects I once thought daunting. I don't believe there is a better garden tractor in existence for an acreage owner.

20130219_092439.jpg
20130219_092449.jpg
20130219_092500.jpg
20130219_092525.jpg
20130219_092537.jpg

/ My new X740 with Pics! #2  
Thanks for sharing the pictures. It should last you a lifetime.

/ My new X740 with Pics!
Thanks guys!

I will take some better photos on the next sunny day we get.

/ My new X740 with Pics! #5  
You're going to love it. Congratulations!!!

/ My new X740 with Pics! #6  
Schweeet! :thumbsup: How long do you stare at it before you go to work each day? :laughing:

/ My new X740 with Pics! #7  
Nice!! I'm pretty sure I would be riding it around every night too!!

/ My new X740 with Pics!
Schweeet! :thumbsup: How long do you stare at it before you go to work each day? :laughing:

Probably 10 minutes at least!

I have officially put the first hour on my machine. In that first hour, I have done no work, just driving around my acreage with it haha. I need the weather to improve, and I need a trailer to start most of my projects.

I am glad I bought now as opposed to when spring is actually here. I will be ready to roll on the first nice day we get, while others will only have just started shopping around.

/ My new X740 with Pics! #9  
JD Shea a beauty, i love that series,since we downsized almost 2 yrs ago that one has peaked my interest, keep us posted on your experience w it !!

From CT

/ My new X740 with Pics! #10  
WOW thats a beautiful mower!