X700 series mower deck interchange

/ X700 series mower deck interchange #21  
What's disappointed (but not a total deal breaker) is they have now taken away diesel AWS/AWD models. I don't know why they wouldn't support that configuration, at least on a special order basis given all the parts are there.

My dealer was told by the JD reps. that it was due to a weight issue. JD could not make the X749 less than or equal to the 610kg or 1345lbs weight limit before having to put the ROPS on the tractor.

As for the new HC deck, it will be different (probably the mounting points on the tractor) and most likely will not fit the 2012 models. As for how good they are, they should, in theory, cut the same as the 7-iron. The only difference I can see is the 7-iron would last longer and take more punishment than the 9 ga. HC deck (9 ga. deck is pretty beefy though); however, both decks could last the life of the tractor as long as they are taken care of.

/ X700 series mower deck interchange
OK I had a chance to see the 60" HC deck as well as the 60" 7 iron both in shipping containers and side by side. The 60HC was definitely for the x700 signature series but the 7 iron was for an unknown application.

It sure does look like the overall stamping is the same. The 7 iron had one extra "dent" that the HC did not. The 7 iron has brace rods between the wheel towers that the HC does not. The HC unit definitely had different apparatus for connecting to the rear arms. Must be autoconnect.

I took a few pics and will see about posting.

/ X700 series mower deck interchange #23  
Review; new X750 60" HC. Ok, here is my opinion! I've had a 445 since 1996, another in 1999, both with 60" deck, took that to the farm to mow the yard and in April 2012 bought a JD executive, one year old 2011 X740 with the 62" deck, 94hrs for $8600 + tax. Personally I never liked the deck, the tractor was to nose heavy for my yard, pond banks, driveway ditches etc., felt too long, didn't like the hood, it seemed like you had to rev the engine up too much just too putt around, no speed... but the power , torque and fuel usage was great.
I just bought it thinking i would like it based on loving my 445's. Didn't like it to the point I traded it for an X750 60" HC, no options using THE $500 coupon.
I've put 12 hrs on the 750 already and all I can say is it's a totally different machine than the 740.
My dealer told me it was supposed to drive and feel totally different and it does. I agree It feels like your sitting in it rather than on it, the whole feel of the X750 is lighter, faster and smoother, the seat is fantastic, the steering feels firmer and faster, I think the steering wheel is a little higher and fits me better to the point I might pop for the $190 arm rests, the engine seems to go a lot faster for the same RPM, and it seems a LOT, LOT quieter doing it, it also seems like the reverse is faster... I know it probably isn't...but it seems like it. I'm not sure this engine has the same torque curve as the 740, but the grass is a lot different this year as we had a drought here in the mid west. The hydro foot controls also seem smoother and faster.
JD also seems to have solved the constantly clogged side screen problems found on the older model...but I admit my grass is not that dry. The radiator screen is now a snap to get to and clean, the old system was a poorly engineered joke! "Go to cross implement.com for some other details on this radiator cooling and the frame stengths."
Finally, all I can't imagine how the 7 Iron deck can mow better than the 60" HC deck for mowing quality. The 60 HC has already mowed tall damp grass that would stop the 62" deck in its tracks...no comparison. I still think the 445-455 mowers are great, but I did always wanted more power and a better deck and now I've got both...hope I feel that way after 1500 hrs on my 750. Test drive the new series, I think you'll like it.

/ X700 series mower deck interchange
Thanks for the feedback. We actually ended up going with a pair of 750's and I hope I'm as thrilled as you are. We went auto connect on both. The first one is due in today and we should have it tomorrow. I've been getting nervous about the width of the 60" deck. We have a 54 and find it plenty wide enough, just lacking in cut quality.

I'm torn between the 54HC being better on uneven sections and tight places or the 60HC getting more done faster in the pasture.

I'm also concerned about overall width of the 60HC with the Powerflow added.

/ X700 series mower deck interchange #25  
Review; new X750 60" HC. Ok, here is my opinion! I've had a 445 since 1996, another in 1999, both with 60" deck, took that to the farm to mow the yard and in April 2012 bought a JD executive, one year old 2011 X740 with the 62" deck, 94hrs for $8600 + tax. Personally I never liked the deck, the tractor was to nose heavy for my yard, pond banks, driveway ditches etc., felt too long, didn't like the hood, it seemed like you had to rev the engine up too much just too putt around, no speed... but the power , torque and fuel usage was great.
I just bought it thinking i would like it based on loving my 445's. Didn't like it to the point I traded it for an X750 60" HC, no options using THE $500 coupon.
I've put 12 hrs on the 750 already and all I can say is it's a totally different machine than the 740.
My dealer told me it was supposed to drive and feel totally different and it does. I agree It feels like your sitting in it rather than on it, the whole feel of the X750 is lighter, faster and smoother, the seat is fantastic, the steering feels firmer and faster, I think the steering wheel is a little higher and fits me better to the point I might pop for the $190 arm rests, the engine seems to go a lot faster for the same RPM, and it seems a LOT, LOT quieter doing it, it also seems like the reverse is faster... I know it probably isn't...but it seems like it. I'm not sure this engine has the same torque curve as the 740, but the grass is a lot different this year as we had a drought here in the mid west. The hydro foot controls also seem smoother and faster.
JD also seems to have solved the constantly clogged side screen problems found on the older model...but I admit my grass is not that dry. The radiator screen is now a snap to get to and clean, the old system was a poorly engineered joke! "Go to cross implement.com for some other details on this radiator cooling and the frame stengths."
Finally, all I can't imagine how the 7 Iron deck can mow better than the 60" HC deck for mowing quality. The 60 HC has already mowed tall damp grass that would stop the 62" deck in its tracks...no comparison. I still think the 445-455 mowers are great, but I did always wanted more power and a better deck and now I've got both...hope I feel that way after 1500 hrs on my 750. Test drive the new series, I think you'll like it.

Nice write up. However there are a number of things that I can't quite understand. For example you say that the 740 felt nose heavy and long yet they both have the same dimensions (height, width, wheelbase, length) and the 750 has a bigger motor so likely a bit more "up front weight". You also say that the 750 feels faster yet the speed specs (forward and reverse) are identical on Deere's website.

I didn't think the 750 seat felt as good but then again I am comparing to my SE seat. I also didn't get the sitting in rather than on sensation. I guess I was not paying enough attention.

I am going to try one out just out of curiousity. I am also going to try and remember to check the rad filter. It takes me roughly a minute to remove mine so I would like to see what the change is.

Glad you like your unit. Word of advice ...... you may want to check the arm rest price from Misco. I have read that they are about $70.

Oh and I checked the crossimplement.com site only to find that it is just another JD dealer. Only reference to frame strengths and rad cooling was in the JD brochure.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited: