Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
On Tractor House there are 4 that are less than what I am paying for new and 3 priced more. There is one with the 7 iron deck, but has 85 hrs and the fuel cost to go get it would push the price above new. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm going to wait and see what my dealer finds. I should know more Wednesday if the one that he found can be traded for.

P.S. I went through what you aqre going through about 17 years ago. My first new garden tractor. Took out a loan, people thought I was nuts and that the machine was overkill etc. 2 acres 2x a week here and often at that pace it's to tall to cut decent with the old 54" deck. Add to that 2 acres of horse pasture that we mow 1/3 of every week or two when we rotate sections and teh old 54 really doesn't do this well. The machien would easily last me another 16 yrs with minimal upkeep I'm sure, but I'm looking for new and improved with better mowing capability. She would rather keep the 455 for it's compact size but I'm at a point where I'm thinking either we run 2 machines or I doll up the 455 and sell it. They are still commanding high dollar and I'm stil under 1200 hrs.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #32  
On Tractor House there are 4 that are less than what I am paying for new and 3 priced more. There is one with the 7 iron deck, but has 85 hrs and the fuel cost to go get it would push the price above new. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm going to wait and see what my dealer finds. I should know more Wednesday if the one that he found can be traded for.

P.S. I went through what you aqre going through about 17 years ago. My first new garden tractor. Took out a loan, people thought I was nuts and that the machine was overkill etc. 2 acres 2x a week here and often at that pace it's to tall to cut decent with the old 54" deck. Add to that 2 acres of horse pasture that we mow 1/3 of every week or two when we rotate sections and teh old 54 really doesn't do this well. The machien would easily last me another 16 yrs with minimal upkeep I'm sure, but I'm looking for new and improved with better mowing capability. She would rather keep the 455 for it's compact size but I'm at a point where I'm thinking either we run 2 machines or I doll up the 455 and sell it. They are still commanding high dollar and I'm stil under 1200 hrs.

There are two on eBay that seem pretty nice. One has 38 hrs and the other has 55 hrs. Take a look.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #33  
Why not just pick up a used 2011 or 2012 with 50 or so hours on it? There are plenty out there to be had. Especially now that the new models are out. If you can't find exactly what you want, wait a month or two, if this auto connect deck is a hit, I think there will be plenty of used 2012's to pick from.

Seriously? You believe that a 2012 owner will take that kind of a hit just for auto-connect? You may be right but I can tell you of one 2012 owner who won't. :laughing:

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
I'm at mid $9,000's for new with 7 iron versus similar price for used and most don't have the good deck. Hard to rationalize buying used.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #35  
I'm at mid $9,000's for new with 7 iron versus similar price for used and most don't have the good deck. Hard to rationalize buying used.

WOW, that's a great price. I fully understand why you wouldn't want to buy used now, after getting a deal like that.

I was just quoted $15,044 + tax, for a 2013 X758 with a 60" HC deck with auto-connect. I told him he was out of his mind and left. He called me an hour later and left a message saying he could do better.

No way I'm paying full retail. I think I'll be waiting until next year. Give them a chance to come back down to reality with their prices.

Keep in mind, New York is insane with pricing. I may just order from a dealer down south or out west and have it delivered.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #36  
"Keep in mind, New York is insane with pricing. I may just order from a dealer down south or out west and have it delivered."

A very large dealer out in Fort Wayne, Indiana is listing the new X758 with a 60HC deck for
$13,299.00, no sales tax, additional 2% discount if paid by check, and free shipping. I would have added the link in this post but don't know if is OK with the administrator of the site. Keep in mind when purchasing out of state, you have to consider what kind of service you may receive from your local dealer if warranty work should ever be required. Hopefully most of us will never need warranty service.

I'm not saying this is a good or bad price and am not promoting a particular dealership. Just posting as a pricing example.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #37  
Deere is in business to sell these new mowers and I would fully expect these new models to be discounted the same as the preceding models ( about 15%).

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #38  
"Keep in mind, New York is insane with pricing. I may just order from a dealer down south or out west and have it delivered."

A very large dealer out in Fort Wayne, Indiana is listing the new X758 with a 60HC deck for
$13,299.00, no sales tax, additional 2% discount if paid by check, and free shipping. I would have added the link in this post but don't know if is OK with the administrator of the site. Keep in mind when purchasing out of state, you have to consider what kind of service you may receive from your local dealer if warranty work should ever be required. Hopefully most of us will never need warranty service.

I'm not saying this is a good or bad price and am not promoting a particular dealership. Just posting as a pricing example.

Can you please send me a PM with the dealers name? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #39  
Deere is in business to sell these new mowers and I would fully expect these new models to be discounted the same as the preceding models ( about 15%).

No way you're getting 15% off in New York, or should I say in the suburbs of NYC. 8% on average, maybe 10% if you do a lot of business with them. Parts, accessories and implements full retail. That's just been my past experience, maybe others have done better, but I don't know any who have.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #40  
Can you please send me a PM with the dealers name? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks

PM coming your way. Happy to help!