Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #41  
Deere is in business to sell these new mowers and I would fully expect these new models to be discounted the same as the preceding models ( about 15%).

John Deere also has their nose seriously high up in the air.

If they were concerned with selling large amounts of mowers, their machines wouldn't be so overpriced. Even at a heavily discounted price, John Deere is still making THOUSANDS of dollars off of each X700 series they sell. If sales numbers were the end all be all, you could buy an X748 for $8,000 fully loaded.

If the timing had not been right for my 2012 X740, I never could have afforded to have this machine, they are very overpriced.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #42  
John Deere also has their nose seriously high up in the air.

If they were concerned with selling large amounts of mowers, their machines wouldn't be so overpriced. Even at a heavily discounted price, John Deere is still making THOUSANDS of dollars off of each X700 series they sell. If sales numbers were the end all be all, you could buy an X748 for $8,000 fully loaded.

If the timing had not been right for my 2012 X740, I never could have afforded to have this machine, they are very overpriced.

I agree that they are definitely overpriced. By how much I do not know, but I do know that they are still the best on the market. I like a lot of tractors, but none more than Deere.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #43  
I agree that they are definitely overpriced. By how much I do not know, but I do know that they are still the best on the market. I like a lot of tractors, but none more than Deere.

I agree with you.

When you ask this much money for a garden tractor, you better have the best product for the consumer to choose from. If these weren't the best garden tractors around, I wouldn't have paid as much for one as most people pay for a car!

I just know from common sense that companies do not like to discount brand new, freshly redesigned products. They want you to want the product so bad that you just say "where do I sign and here's my banking information"

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #44  
No way you're getting 15% off in New York, or should I say in the suburbs of NYC. 8% on average, maybe 10% if you do a lot of business with them. Parts, accessories and implements full retail. That's just been my past experience, maybe others have done better, but I don't know any who have.

I just went through this same thing buying tractors in New York. At the end of this past January, I was purchasing an X748 and the most I could get off was 7% to 8%. After negotiating some more, I was finally able to get ~12% and that was the lowest they could go for a garden tractor before taking off the $1000 rebate. My dealer stated that the margins are not there like they are on the subcompact and compact tractors were he could discount more on those tractors. So the 15% rule really does not seem to apply on the JD garden tractor as it does on the subcompacts and compact tractors, at least in the New York area; however, you should be able to negotiate more than 8% off. All in all, I thought I got a decent deal seeing I have a dealer close by who will come out or pick up my JD tractors for free to repair them. Would I love to buy a tractor down south or mid-west for less money? Sure, but it is not worth it when I have such a good JD dealer in my area.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #45  
I don't live in NY but get 15% off when buying things such as my x749. Larger purchases about 18% off.

I don't think it is a secret but try Mutton Power in Indiana, tractorslinger is on here quite a bit and is connected with them.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
I got a decent deal at a few dollars above a 12% discount and then because I purchased 2 (if the second is located) got an additional $200 per machine which pushes past 13%.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #47  
I just went through this same thing buying tractors in New York. At the end of this past January, I was purchasing an X748 and the most I could get off was 7% to 8%. After negotiating some more, I was finally able to get ~12% and that was the lowest they could go for a garden tractor before taking off the $1000 rebate. My dealer stated that the margins are not there like they are on the subcompact and compact tractors were he could discount more on those tractors. So the 15% rule really does not seem to apply on the JD garden tractor as it does on the subcompacts and compact tractors, at least in the New York area; however, you should be able to negotiate more than 8% off. All in all, I thought I got a decent deal seeing I have a dealer close by who will come out or pick up my JD tractors for free to repair them. Would I love to buy a tractor down south or mid-west for less money? Sure, but it is not worth it when I have such a good JD dealer in my area.

Where in NY are you?

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #48  
Where in NY are you?

Brought it in the Western, NY area where my farm is, however, that should not matter. Sometimes the prices up there are worse than where you are. I am not far from you in NJ. Did you try any of the dealers listed below for different pricing?

R. ARGENTO & SONS, INC.
1 PROSPECT AVE
WHITE PLAINS NY 10607
United States
914-949-1152

THE HUDSON RIVER TRACTOR COMPANY, LLC
25 6 1/2 Station Road
GOSHEN NY 10924
United States
845-294-2500

Power Place, Inc.
319 US HWY 46
ROCKAWAY NJ 078663833
United States
973-627-8005

ALL COUNTY RENTAL CENTER
2 LACKAWANNA PLACE
MORRISTOWN NJ 07960
United States
973-267-1255

CAMPBELL'S SMALL ENG. S&S IN
99 MORAN ST
NEWTON NJ 07860
United States
973-383-2585

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #49  
Brought it in the Western, NY area where my farm is, however, that should not matter. Sometimes the prices up there are worse than where you are. I am not far from you in NJ. Did you try any of the dealers listed below for different pricing?

R. ARGENTO & SONS, INC.
1 PROSPECT AVE
WHITE PLAINS NY 10607
United States
914-949-1152

THE HUDSON RIVER TRACTOR COMPANY, LLC
25 6 1/2 Station Road
GOSHEN NY 10924
United States
845-294-2500

Power Place, Inc.
319 US HWY 46
ROCKAWAY NJ 078663833
United States
973-627-8005

ALL COUNTY RENTAL CENTER
2 LACKAWANNA PLACE
MORRISTOWN NJ 07960
United States
973-267-1255

CAMPBELL'S SMALL ENG. S&S IN
99 MORAN ST
NEWTON NJ 07860
United States
973-383-2585

I deal with Hudson River Tractor and sometimes with Argento & Sons. No way you're getting better than 8% with them. If you do let me know, me and Hans will have to have a long discussion. I don't mind paying, I just don't like paying more than I should, if you know what I mean.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
Just an update here.

Talked to my dealer today and he says he has located another x740 in MN. Just needs to arrange transportation.