700 series 3point hitch

/ 700 series 3point hitch #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I have the Cat 0 3ph on my 455 and it works just fine. With the new x700 series I have the option of the limited cat 1. Since the Cat 0 has worked fine for me for 16+ years now I plan to stick with this size, but just wanted to know if there was any reason to consider the Cat 1?

My 450 tiller will attach to either with sliding brackets so hook up is not an issue.

/ 700 series 3point hitch #2  
I think the obvious advantage to a Cat 1 would be greater availability of implements. The limited Cat 1 could use any of the new sub-compact three point implements now being offered. For example, TSC has a line of sub-compact three point implements. Also, easier to find used Cat 1 vs Cat 0 stuff.

/ 700 series 3point hitch #3  
To add to what CHDinCT said, with a Cat 1 hitch, you could get the I-match quick hitch takes all the work out of connecting rear implements.

/ 700 series 3point hitch
In my case the only thing I ever use is the tiller or rear weight bracket so I'm thinking the Cat 0 would be plenty fine. No need to push the tiller further back with the Imatch. If I need to do real work I just use teh 3720. The small macine is for cutting lawn and roto tilling. I just wanted to make sure that there was no distinct advantage to the cat 1 that I could come to regret.

/ 700 series 3point hitch #5  
In my case the only thing I ever use is the tiller or rear weight bracket so I'm thinking the Cat 0 would be plenty fine. No need to push the tiller further back with the Imatch. If I need to do real work I just use teh 3720. The small macine is for cutting lawn and roto tilling. I just wanted to make sure that there was no distinct advantage to the cat 1 that I could come to regret.

In my use the cat 1 hitch is far better in that all the implements I find are sized for it. Mot much cat 0 stuff available but lots of small cat 1 available everywhere. I have an IMatch on all my tractors including the x749 and it works great.

Attachments

• Butch W  new lawn work 004.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 004.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 1,591
   / 700 series 3point hitch #6  
I had a cat 0 for a lot of years and when I traded in for something else I jumped on the cat 1 hitch for the reasons others mentioned; more attachments to go with it. I did get a 6' rear blade and dirt scoop for it and worked great. I have a hydraulic tiller for it also and continue to use that.

Since that time I bought a 3720 and use those attachments on the big tractor for obvious reasons. If I had it to do over again knowing I would keep my 3720, I would still get a cat 1 hitch, unless they are significantly more expensive.

One thing does work good for for the winter months is a snowblower and rear blade combination. I blow the snow and after that drag the rear cat 1 rear blade over the concrete to get it down to the ground. IMG_0381.jpgIMG_0823.JPG

Of course I have to get the 3720 out once in a while to play in the snow, but would never have to.

/ 700 series 3point hitch #7  
Pretty cool withy hat dirt scoop on there.