Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Veteran Member coobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,244
    Location
    S.Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader 2011 ford F250.

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by JDTank View Post
    Trust me, it's all on the list.

    I am wishing now that I would not have axed the SE package from my financing, but oh well. I plan to do one addition every 1 - 2 months until it is complete. My next purchase will definitely be the brush guard. It makes me nervous not having anything to protect that $700 hood. I have to take things slow so I can pay off some debt and still gain accessories. If I can stay strict with myself, I will have no debt left except this machine and my pickup truck by Christmas time. All the credit card debt will be gone!

    Here is a question for you coobie. Does the back of the SE seat tilt to adjust the angle of the back rest?
    Yes there is a tilt adjustment for the back of the seat.When I bought my X740 back in 2011 I looked at the suspension seat and thought the $500 plus option was not worth the extra $$.I had major back surgery done in 2007 (4 rods and 2 cages)made me think different,glad I bought the seat now its easy on my back.coobie
    Last edited by coobie; 03-02-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    49
    Location
    New York / Vermont Border
    Tractor
    John Deere X595

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Did you consider the tractor trunk for the back of your tractor? I have a X595 and would be lost with out mine. It would give you a lot more room plus it dumps which is very handy. My wife uses it all the time as do I. Nice looking tractor.

    Curt.

  3. #13
    Platinum Member JDTank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by sargex595 View Post
    Did you consider the tractor trunk for the back of your tractor? I have a X595 and would be lost with out mine. It would give you a lot more room plus it dumps which is very handy. My wife uses it all the time as do I. Nice looking tractor.

    Curt.
    Never even heard of those before actually.

    I like the pails because I can fill them with what I need, drive to where I need to go, or close to it, and carry the pails the rest of the way.

    We have some horses that are in a field a fair distance from our barn. In the summer time, we sometimes have to walk buckets of water out there to fill their tub up. I found a few lids that fit on these pails, so I will just fill them with water and drive out there, no carrying water pails for me! Since I am looking for any kind of seat time I can get, I don't mind multiple trips!
    2012 John Deere X740
    #18 Steel cart.
    Front fender kit.
    Brush guard.
    SE seat.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    972
    Location
    Central WI

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by JDTank View Post
    Trust me, it's all on the list.

    I am wishing now that I would not have axed the SE package from my financing, but oh well. I plan to do one addition every 1 - 2 months until it is complete. My next purchase will definitely be the brush guard. It makes me nervous not having anything to protect that $700 hood. I have to take things slow so I can pay off some debt and still gain accessories. If I can stay strict with myself, I will have no debt left except this machine and my pickup truck by Christmas time. All the credit card debt will be gone!

    Here is a question for you coobie. Does the back of the SE seat tilt to adjust the angle of the back rest?
    I'd be more inclined to check out the seat from the new signature series. I don't care for the big SE seat.
    JD3720 300CX FEL, 48" forks, MX-5, RB1172, BB1172 air seat susp
    JD 455 2 wheel steer
    JD x750-Auto Connect w/60" HC deck

  5. #15
    Platinum Member Deere Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    923
    Location
    Hohenwald, TN
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Brush guards would be a great idea. The problem I would have with front fenders and a rear carrying system, they would last about 2 days with me before they would be smashed from a tree or something. Looks nice though.
    3720, Frontier 6' BB; 6' Rear Blade.; Loaded tires and Ballast Box; Dirt Scoop.

    X740; 62" Deck; w/47" Snoblower; 42" Hydraulic Tiller.
    54" Front blade; 48" Belly Blade

  6. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    972
    Location
    Central WI

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by JDTank View Post
    I like the pails because I can fill them with what I need, drive to where I need to go, or close to it, and carry the pails the rest of the way.

    We have some horses that are in a field a fair distance from our barn. In the summer time, we sometimes have to walk buckets of water out there to fill their tub up. I found a few lids that fit on these pails, so I will just fill them with water and drive out there, no carrying water pails for me! Since I am looking for any kind of seat time I can get, I don't mind multiple trips!
    They cost 3-4x what the pail itself costs but I considered it an investment when I went with these screw on lids: Gamma Seal Lids Low as $3.95 ea - Buckets Bottles Cans & Lids

    No spill is the big draw for me. We use these for deer corn rather than disposable bags.
    JD3720 300CX FEL, 48" forks, MX-5, RB1172, BB1172 air seat susp
    JD 455 2 wheel steer
    JD x750-Auto Connect w/60" HC deck

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    101
    Location
    east coast
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Now you have to buy the front brush guard,3 point hitch,and fancy crome hub caps and suspension seat.LOL.I have the front tire guards on my X740 and they do help.coobie
    What about curb feelers? Why no love for the curb feelers

  8. #18
    J F
    J F is offline
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,081
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    ...and white walls, big white walls.
    ____
    Jay

  9. #19
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,833
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    And Fuzzy Dice
    Murph ------------

  10. #20
    J F
    J F is offline
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,081
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: X740 accessories

    Don't forget the dash shag carpet.
    ____
    Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. X720 vs X740.
    By JDTank in forum John Deere Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
  2. Buying Advice X740
    By gump1969 in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  3. X740, or X748.
    By JDTank in forum John Deere Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
  4. X740
    By dj1701 in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
  5. Winterizing X740
    By NYBOB in forum John Deere Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.