X740 accessories

/ X740 accessories #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
Well, I have only had my machine a few weeks and I have already added some accessories!

I added:

- Front fender kit.
- Receiver hitch kit.
- Dual bucket holder + buckets.

The front fender kit is very easy to install. I found the brackets aren't perfect, and the fenders do appear to sit a little crooked, but for what it is it's very close. On the 2WD tractors like mine, the only thing holding down the fender bracket is one bolt and a locking nut. The left side of the machine requires that you remove the steering cylinder first before installing. Because of this on the left side both the steering cylinder and the bracket mounting bolt hold the bracket down. You will see in the photo that the steering cylinder bolt must go through the bracket when you mount it.

I consider the fender kit an absolute necessity. The first week I had my machine, I learned fast, the front tires throw water very easily. The turf tires really grip, they bring up mud and water at even moderate speeds. Everything the tires kicked up was landing on my 54'' deck. I was concerned that over the years, mud and sand would get into my spindle bearings and cause premature wear. It also just plain sucks to have your mower deck always full of junk on top. So, as I said, in my opinion, the front fender kit is essential, and it does stop a LOT of water and mud from coming up onto the deck. It looks great also! :D

The receiver hitch kit. I know the draw-bar is upside down in the photo, but I needed to do that to get the ball to sit higher. This way I can get enough height to move my single axle utility trailer around the property without using my pickup truck. A very useful accessory, it's going to be nice to have!

Bucket holder and buckets. I am a little disappointed with the mounting system. I had originally assumed the bracket was mounted with bolts to the tractor, and I did not know when the bucket holder is installed you cannot pull a trailer. I had originally planned to keep the buckets on all the time. Even if the tongue on my #18 trailer was too short, I was going to lengthen it so I could pull the trailer without it hitting the buckets. One of the support braces for the bucket holder sits inside the hole on the frame where your trailer pin would go. I can understand why it is mounted with cotter pins, quick installation and removal, but rattles at certain RPM's may be a concern. Overall it's a solid kit and seems quite beefy.

I opted for this bucket mount because I am tired of carrying a lap full of tools while trying to drive to where I am going. Inevitably you hit a bump, your drill falls off your lap and onto the ground, or scratches your paint. This way, I can fill the buckets up with the tools I need to fix fencing, and just drive it all out there.

20130302_141615.jpg

20130302_141626.jpg

20130302_141647.jpg

20130302_141709.jpg

20130302_141726.jpg

20130302_141745.jpg

20130302_142636.jpg

/ X740 accessories #2  
Very nice pics. :thumbsup: Ya gotta get a couple of the whole mower now.

/ X740 accessories
Very nice pics. :thumbsup: Ya gotta get a couple of the whole mower now.

I wanted to, but the weather here is nasty right now. Heavy rain and high winds, horizontal rain. I opened the garage door for a just few seconds to snap these photos and by the time I was done the inside was soaking wet.

/ X740 accessories #4  
Gotchya. The pics came out really nice, don't tell me you did it with your phone.

/ X740 accessories
Gotchya. The pics came out really nice, don't tell me you did it with your phone.

Of course I did it with my phone! I thought these were crappy photos honestly haha. The sun is suppose to shine tomorrow, if it does I will take some better photos of the machine from a distance.

/ X740 accessories #6  
I knew you were going to say that. Dammn, you do better with your phone than I do with an slr...nice.

/ X740 accessories
I knew you were going to say that. Dammn, you do better with your phone than I do with an slr...nice.

Samsung phones are the greatest, what can I say.

Of course now that I am inside, the rain has stopped.

My machine now has 2.2 hours on it, and 75% of that is probably idling. I can't wait to work the darn thing!

/ X740 accessories #8  
**** iphone. :banghead: Actually, I never take pics with it, but very impressive pics from your Samsung. Hope you get some better weather. :drink:

/ X740 accessories #9  
Now you have to buy the front brush guard,3 point hitch,and fancy crome hub caps and suspension seat.LOL.I have the front tire guards on my X740 and they do help.coobie

/ X740 accessories
Now you have to buy the front brush guard,3 point hitch,and fancy crome hub caps and suspension seat.LOL.I have the front tire guards on my X740 and they do help.coobie

Trust me, it's all on the list.

I am wishing now that I would not have axed the SE package from my financing, but oh well. I plan to do one addition every 1 - 2 months until it is complete. My next purchase will definitely be the brush guard. It makes me nervous not having anything to protect that $700 hood. I have to take things slow so I can pay off some debt and still gain accessories. If I can stay strict with myself, I will have no debt left except this machine and my pickup truck by Christmas time. All the credit card debt will be gone!

Here is a question for you coobie. Does the back of the SE seat tilt to adjust the angle of the back rest?