X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #21  
523070_418742064828875_69579235_n[1].jpg JD, Notice in the picture I attached. This brush gaurd on this 2013 is diff. than the one shown on yours. Question is : Is your distinctfully a 2012 brush gaurd or is there a choice in which type a pearson can order

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info.
View attachment 308744 JD, Notice in the picture I attached. This brush gaurd on this 2013 is diff. than the one shown on yours. Question is : Is your distinctfully a 2012 brush gaurd or is there a choice in which type a pearson can order

There is only one brush guard for my series of machine, and only one for the new 2013 models.

The reason John Deere had to make a new brush guard is because the new hood is very rounded in the front. The brush guard on the new models wraps around the hood slightly, where as mine, it's almost straight across. If you tried to put the newer brush guard on an older machine, it would hit the hood before it would close.

I assume you could put an older brush guard on a 2013 model, but it would look kind of goofy since the hood is so rounded. The brush guard would not flow with it at all.

JD tank,I want to tell ya I had my rear tires loaded with rimguard and it really helps with traction if you want to go that route.coobie

I thought about it, but in the winter months, and the spring months such as now, I need to keep my weight as light as possible. Even with just the tractor and no attachments, I have a few very soft spots where I sink and leave big ruts in the lawn. Since we get very large amounts of rain here, the ground is saturated with water 7 months of the year.

I think what I am going to do is just order the rear weight bracket and the click-n-go setup. I will use suitcase weights if I need them. This way the weight is easily/quickly removable.

I have to put the brakes on any more accessories/upgrades for now, I already put $700 on my Ag-Line account yesterday to get the 18 cart, the brush guard, some paint, oil and other supplies. I want to save the big upgrades for winter time when I have nothing to do but be out in the garage. In the winter I will do the rear PTO shaft, 3PT hitch, and the SE seat. If I can make some good money this year, I really need a 54'' blade with the quick hitch setup. So much work I could do but cannot afford it right now.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #24  
I thought about it, but in the winter months, and the spring months such as now, I need to keep my weight as light as possible. Even with just the tractor and no attachments, I have a few very soft spots where I sink and leave big ruts in the lawn. Since we get very large amounts of rain here, the ground is saturated with water 7 months of the year.

I think what I am going to do is just order the rear weight bracket and the click-n-go setup. I will use suitcase weights if I need them. This way the weight is easily/quickly removable.

I have to put the brakes on any more accessories/upgrades for now, I already put $700 on my Ag-Line account yesterday to get the 18 cart, the brush guard, some paint, oil and other supplies. I want to save the big upgrades for winter time when I have nothing to do but be out in the garage. In the winter I will do the rear PTO shaft, 3PT hitch, and the SE seat. If I can make some good money this year, I really need a 54'' blade with the quick hitch setup. So much work I could do but cannot afford it right now.

Take your time and enjoy it. Like they say, anticipation is sometimes more enjoyable then the act itself. Do one thing at a time. Those are some expensive upgrades you're looking to do. By the way, that's a beautiful setup you have there. Great looking cart.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #25  
hi JD

i think you will find that there will be a lot of slop in the drawbar with the receiver kit as well. if you figure out how to tighten it up, let me know. i use a couple different drawbar drops to keep whatever i connect fairly level. both of them bang around when driving over uneven ground.

after you cut off the front of the tongue and bolt on a ball hitch, paint it yellow or green :)

Cut a piece of conduit, either metal or plastic to fit in the gap or space. Slide the pin through the conduit, insert the keeper and no more trailer movement.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #26  
I'm not going to get into a p!ssing match about Simplicity vs. JD but a comparing a $5-6K Sim. to a $10-11K JD is like comparing Apples to Oranges. A Simplicity diesel starts at $13,548 MSRP according to their website so that puts Simplicity beyond the JD as far as price.

Take your time and enjoy it. Like they say, anticipation is sometimes more enjoyable then the act itself. Do one thing at a time. Those are some expensive upgrades you're looking to do. By the way, that's a beautiful setup you have there. Great looking cart.

Thanks for the compliment.

I have already hauled about 10 loads of material in the last few days. It's made yard clean-up an absolute breeze.

I was thinking the same as you, I need to slow down on the upgrades. If I go too fast, everything will be done and I will be bored in no time! My first priority is the front hitch and 54'' blade. That is expensive, but I really could use it, I almost NEED it. Right now I have a ton of things I could do with a blade, but, all in good time.

Cut a piece of conduit, either metal or plastic to fit in the gap or space. Slide the pin through the conduit, insert the keeper and no more trailer movement.

I did think about that earlier today, but overall, it would be easier for me to put a ball hitch receiver on the cart. I have a few other items around my place that I move frequently, and they all use the same size ball. The only time I need to remove the receiver hitch/ball is when I am pulling this #18 cart. If I switch it over, I can leave that on 100% of the time, and since everything is the same ball size, I will have it made in the shade.

/ X740 5HR review/18 Steel cart and compatible info. #29  
On Rim Guard:

I'm telling ya if the ground is saturated bar tires are the answer and filling them sure won't hurt any. Water squishes out the sides of the bar tires and they don't spin where the turfs will slip on the grass.

Try the new seats versus the SE seat as well. We found the SE seat to be too confining to movement to look rearward. Also cannot tip forward completely to stay dry. I know the importance of a good seat particularly the suspension and the SE seat to me is just a big clunky beast.