Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Considering a X750

    I'm seriously considering a X750 with a 54" HC auto-connect mower and a 3-point Cat I hitch and a 540 rpm rear PTO for use with a tiller. Can the 3-point hitch and rear PTO be ordered factory installed or they "dealer installed" only? My dealer info for these two options shows only as dealer installed. I'd rather have these options factory installed.

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,242
    Location
    NC
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    I think if it was me, I would get a price on the X750 configured the way you want it and then price the 1026 r or it's replacement with the same configuration. You may be surprised at the difference in price. Both units are about equal in size.

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator6x4 View Post
    I think if it was me, I would get a price on the X750 configured the way you want it and then price the 1026 r or it's replacement with the same configuration. You may be surprised at the difference in price. Both units are about equal in size.
    At the suggestion of my John Deere dealer, I've priced, looked at and driven a 1026 and a X740. The X750 has the same turning radius as my JD 345 which is perfect. The 1000-series is physically too large for mowing my yard and the turning radius is 7.5-ft. which just "kills" it for maneuverability vs. the turning radius of the X750 of 25-inches. I've also looked at and compared a BX-series kubota which has the same 7.5-ft. turning radius. I already own a 4-wheel drive tractor with a loader and a finish mower to mow area outside my yard. Thanks for the suggestion.

    BTW, I'm trading in the JD 655 Z-turn in my signature.

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

  4. #4
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    jinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,014
    Location
    Texas - Wise County - Sunset
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Bill, my guess is that the options you want represent such a small percentage of sales that JD can't efficiently have a factory dedicated assembly area. The optional items may not even be built in the same factory; possibly built by a 3rd party for JD. I would think the dealers in your area have big enough shops to do a great job of installation, and their techs are JD trained on all these options. Isn't there a large JD dealership around your area with a special shop just for lawn and turf equipment? Many of the dealers have mobile service trucks just for lawn and turf equipment.
    Jim


  5. #5
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Bill, my guess is that the options you want represent such a small percentage of sales that JD can't efficiently have a factory dedicated assembly area. The optional items may not even be built in the same factory; possibly built by a 3rd party for JD. I would think the dealers in your area have big enough shops to do a great job of installation, and their techs are JD trained on all these options. Isn't there a large JD dealership around your area with a special shop just for lawn and turf equipment? Many of the dealers have mobile service trucks just for lawn and turf equipment.
    Yep, you are probably correct about the dealer installed options. I'm dealing with the large multi-store dealer you are referring to and I've known the principal owners since they opened their first original store. My prior experience with this dealer has always been excellent and it's one of the reasons I'm only dealing with their local store.

    I plan to make them an offer today.

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Iron Peddler View Post
    I'm seriously considering a X750 with a 54" HC auto-connect mower and a 3-point Cat I hitch and a 540 rpm rear PTO for use with a tiller. Can the 3-point hitch and rear PTO be ordered factory installed or they "dealer installed" only? My dealer info for these two options shows only as dealer installed. I'd rather have these options factory installed.

    Bill
    bill - i hate my 54 inch deck on my gt245---texas grass and clay cake this up so bad it has to be put on lift and cleaned after each use--48" i had before worked much better------------JIm

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo64 View Post
    bill - i hate my 54 inch deck on my gt245---texas grass and clay cake this up so bad it has to be put on lift and cleaned after each use--48" i had before worked much better------------JIm
    Yep, the 54" mower on my JD345 gets a lot of buildup of grass and has to be cleaned regularly in the spring/early summer when the grass is "juicy" and it packs under the deck. I live in northeast Texas with sandy soil and it's not as bad as the clay soil around the DFW area where I lived formerly.

    The 54"HC mower deck on my JD655 Z-trak doesn't pack up nearly as bad and the 54"HC mower on the X750 looks very similar. I mow a total of 10 acres. What I don't mow with my JD 655 z-turn and/or JD345, I mow with my kubota L3830 tractor and a Bush Hog 72" finish mower. I clean the under side on all my mowers regularly since I don't like the smell created in my shop from the mold and mildew that grows on the grass residue that collects under the decks.

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Iron Peddler View Post

    I plan to make them an offer today.

    Bill
    Well, it looks like we won't trade. We're at a friendly standoff and hung up on the value of my 14 year old JD345 and 54" mower trade-in with 618 hours on the clock. It's in very good condition and has been serviced regularly by the book since new with JD parts and lubricants, should easily me last another 14 years, and I'm not going to give it away. I don't really need the X750 although it would be nice to have the diesel. It gets down to how much I'm willing to pay for "nice to have".

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

  9. #9
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    817
    Location
    mansfield,Il
    Tractor
    john deere

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Throw some fresh bait on the hook , he'll be calling .

  10. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    180
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF

    Default Re: Considering a X750

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Throw some fresh bait on the hook , he'll be calling .
    I don't think he will unless he finds a buyer for my JD345. They don't have a JDX750 in inventory so it's "no skin off his back" to miss the sale. They have bigger fish to fry than wasting time on the smallest diesel tractor ($$) JD makes.

    Bill
    '14 Kubota L5460HSTC
    '06 Kubota RTV 900
    '12 JD EZ-Trak 655 w/54" HC Mower
    '99 JD 345 w/54" Mower
    '50 BF Avery R/MM BF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
    By KennedyDiesel in forum John Deere Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.