X729 with an I-Match??

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #1  

Randyklang

Tractor
JD 2520
Does anyone run this configuration??? I am looking for the height if the I-match in the raised position. Any help would be much appreciated!! Also have a couple questions on how it functions

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #2  
I just ordered one for my X748. Will be able to let you know in a few days!

/ X729 with an I-Match??
That would be great! I appreciate the help very much!

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #4  
I have an IMatch on my x749 what other questions do you have?

Here's some pics of my custom landplane with the IMatch.

Attachments

• Butch W  new lawn work 004.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 004.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • landplane for x749 004.jpg
    landplane for x749 004.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 1,127
   / X729 with an I-Match??
I was looking for the measurement from the top of the I-match to the ground when it is in the raised position. However, your pictures are great and I think I maybe need that same measurement when it is in the lower position. I have a guy that wants to hang his material Collection System on the I-match so we were looking for the measurements. I know them on the 1 Series and 2000 series, but not the X Series.

Also, am I correct that the I-match is either all the way up or all the way down on the X? Does the same lever control deck height as well as the 3-point?

Sorry about all the questions, I am just more familiar with the 1 and 2000's. Thanks very much!!!

Randy

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #6  
Randy,
I can't give you a measurement, as I don't have an iMatch on my x748, but I do have a 3 point. The 3 point does not have position control, but you just "bump" the lever and can position the 3 point anywhere...it's not just "up or down". It's just like positioning a loader or something like that.
And yes, it's the same lever for the deck lift and 3 point...in fact, it's the same cylinder. You just raise and "lock" the one that you don't want to use.
I'm sure Steve will get you the measurements that you need, but if all else fails...I will put my iMatch off my 4720 on the x748 and measure it for you.

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #7  
I was looking for the measurement from the top of the I-match to the ground when it is in the raised position. However, your pictures are great and I think I maybe need that same measurement when it is in the lower position. I have a guy that wants to hang his material Collection System on the I-match so we were looking for the measurements. I know them on the 1 Series and 2000 series, but not the X Series.

Also, am I correct that the I-match is either all the way up or all the way down on the X? Does the same lever control deck height as well as the 3-point?

Sorry about all the questions, I am just more familiar with the 1 and 2000's. Thanks very much!!!

Randy

As Arlen mentions the same cylinder is used for both functions. I was considering converting my MC519 cart to IMatch so that I didn't have to R/R the hitch when bagging. Not going to happen when I thought about the issue of raising and lowering the deck.

I can get measurements for you when I go to work Monday as the 749 is locked in a customers garage for the weekend.

/ X729 with an I-Match??
Thanks both arlen4720 and jenkinsph! For Arlen, I don't want you to go through the trouble of changing tractors. I think jenkinsph will be able to get it for me. Thanks to both for helping me understand the function a bit better. So, can the 3-point be locked in any position from highest, to lowest, and anywhere in between? Say for example, can you lock the 3-point mid way and still be able to uses the height adjustment on the deck without the 3-point moving?

/ X729 with an I-Match?? #9  
Thanks both arlen4720 and jenkinsph! For Arlen, I don't want you to go through the trouble of changing tractors. I think jenkinsph will be able to get it for me. Thanks to both for helping me understand the function a bit better. So, can the 3-point be locked in any position from highest, to lowest, and anywhere in between? Say for example, can you lock the 3-point mid way and still be able to uses the height adjustment on the deck without the 3-point moving?
The 3 point lock I'm refering to is actually the depth stop. So what I do when I'm mowing is raise the 3 point all the way up, then screw the depth stop all the way up, which effectively locks it all the way up. To anwer your question directly, the only position it can be locked in, is all the way up. It's basically the same priciple as the mower deck...you can raise it all the way up, then move the deck height selector to the max height, locking it into position.