Powerflow on a 455

/ Powerflow on a 455 #1  

sacarmic

Tractor
Deere 5085e, 3320
I have a question for any of you running a 455 (or similar) with a 60deck and a powerflow unit. I recently pickup a new unit for a dealer that was clearing out some old inventory. I was complete except the instructions. I've got it all figured out except for one thing. There was a short rubber bungee connector with a screw hole on one end and a metal "catch" on the other end. I can't find for the life of me where it is used if if it is used. Anyone running a similar setup help shed a little light on this?

Also, when you put your drive belt into lock mode, is it fairly tight or does it have some slack in it? mine seems to and I don't want to damage anything because if it. It still drives the pulleys without a problem.

Thanks,
Scott

/ Powerflow on a 455 #2  
hmmm....The only thing I can think of may be the strap that connects the chute to the housing. Does it look item 3 in the picture?

Attachments

• MP6294_________UN01JAN94.gif
    MP6294_________UN01JAN94.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 179
   / Powerflow on a 455
Yep that is it. So that keeps the chute connected to the mc519 or the power flow?

/ Powerflow on a 455 #4  
It connects between the bottom of the chute and the power flow housing (on the deck). The strap prevents the chute from falling off the housing.

/ Powerflow on a 455 #5  
I have been wondering where mine came from. I sold my MC519 bagger a long time ago and it has been sitting on the shelf ever since. Thanks for bring it up.

042503_1407[00].jpg

/ Powerflow on a 455 #6  
That's what I use mine for, though I pull it pretty tight and hook it on top where it is easier to get to. Keeps the chute attached to the PowerFlow and the other end floats in the MC-519.

And, my belt also has quite a bit of slack. Doesn't seem to slip, but it isn't tight. It will slip if the blower gets clogged, so that might be the theory behind the amount of tension.