X740 pulls out big stump!

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
Who says the 2WD X700 series isn't capable?

I had no chains, and no weights. This tree was dying, but still rooted fairly well. I think leaving 6 feet on the stump gave me the leverage I needed to get it out. I also pulled out a well rooted bush in the backyard, once again, no trouble at all. This machine has cost me a lot of money, but it really is worth it. I have already completed more projects in the last 2 months, than I did for the entire year, any year before this one.

Not to rub it in, but with this Yanmar diesel engine, I have only put fuel in this machine twice since I bought it about 3 months ago now. Just over 15 hours on the clock now, and this thing sips fuel. It isn't even broken in yet!

I will let the pictures do the talking, but these X700 series are incredibly capable, and mine is only a 2WD unit.

20130426_170700.jpg

20130426_170709.jpg

20130426_170727.jpg

20130426_171629.jpg

20130426_171641.jpg

20130426_173312.jpg

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #2  
That's a great looking tractor and obviously quite capable. I agree about the diesel, much over 20 HP it's the best way to go.

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #3  
Impressive! :thumbsup:

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #5  
that machine is no slouch. its a monster. im jealous of that giant mountain you have for a view. **** is that cool. would make for some good long distance shooting. great backstop

/ X740 pulls out big stump!
that machine is no slouch. its a monster. im jealous of that giant mountain you have for a view. **** is that cool. would make for some good long distance shooting. great backstop

You be jealous of that and I will be jealous of your 3520!

It is a nice view yes. I live on the west coast of Canada in British Columbia. It's a very expensive place to live. I am a very fortunate man and purely by luck. I met my wife to be over 3 years ago now, and her parents own this property that has two houses on it. We live in one and they live in the other. Since it is almost 10 acres, we are on one side, and them on the other. It honestly feels like it is our own property. We get a smoking deal on rent, so we can't beat it.

Just to the right of that mountain you seen is more mountains a little further off. This was taken a few months back when the snow was still on top.

As you can tell, the place needs some cleaning up. Before we lived in the other house, it was her uncle and his family who lived in it. He kept junk all over the place. I am still in the process of cleaning up, but his method of disposal was to just bury it or throw it in high grass and mother nature will look after it.

20120204_132425.jpg

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #7  
JD Tank, like you, I have been using my X720 to pull stumps up over the past few weeks. I been pulling up 3 " diameter hollies and pine trees. If I can get a hold of them they are coming out. Some have tap roots between 3 and 4 feet long. My wife was pulling weeds in the front yard and the neighbor came over to admire her work. I walked up to them with one of my stumps in hand and told them that I was REALLY pulling weeds. I am going to get an old wheel and use that to pull the stumps up and with more leverage. If your uncle had an old wheel in the yard, you may want to give it a try.

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #8  
you guys are gonna start a big ruckus bragging about your deeres like that,,

anyway, nice job with them, i'm about to embark on some yard projects
with my X585 myself this spring.

/ X740 pulls out big stump!
you guys are gonna start a big ruckus bragging about your deeres like that,,

anyway, nice job with them, i'm about to embark on some yard projects
with my X585 myself this spring.

With this X740 and my #18 cart, I have accomplished more work in the last 2 months, than I did all of last year. Things are so easy now. Projects I avoided because of long distances with a wheelbarrow, are now nice leisure rides on a first class machine with a trailer in tow.

This machine saves my back, it saves me time, it saves me grief and stress. It is well worth the money! No regrets from me.

/ X740 pulls out big stump! #10  
With this X740 and my #18 cart, I have accomplished more work in the last 2 months, than I did all of last year. Things are so easy now. Projects I avoided because of long distances with a wheelbarrow, are now nice leisure rides on a first class machine with a trailer in tow.

This machine saves my back, it saves me time, it saves me grief and stress. It is well worth the money! No regrets from me.

Like I said to you a few days ago, even when you get a bigger machine you will still go to your x740 for jobs other then cutting grass.