Auto connect on x7 series

/ Auto connect on x7 series #21  
my father just bought a 720 and he is thinking he made a mistake by not getting the newer auto-connect, he is 75 and shoulders are shot, even though i am just up the road he hates to ask for help for any reason, especially one that i make look sooo easy to do. 33 years working for DEERE he was able to get this at a VERY good price(the new style didn't offer the extra saveings)..........you guys will laugh but he is comming off a 1973 140 that he has owned since 1974----this 720 is going to be a caddilac.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #22  
I think the auto connect deck should be a real improvement, wish I had it on my x749. If I make it to 75 I plan on having it.

/ Auto connect on x7 series
Well I have taken the AC deck off and on w/o any major hassle. I will say that once you get up on top you need to carry some momentum to get up over the ramp plates or you will spin (if 2wd) on the top of the deck. I think I am going to try Linex under my deck and up over the ramp areas. Smooth on underside, and heavy textured topside.

I did not take the time to try to locate any destructions so the first mistake I made was not releasing the front bracket. I guess I saw a video of a SCUT doing this w/o messing up front so I figured this would be the same. From there I had it on a polished concrete floor so it did try to skid a bit I think setting it down on some rubber matting would help in this regard.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #24  
Well I have taken the AC deck off and on w/o any major hassle. I will say that once you get up on top you need to carry some momentum to get up over the ramp plates or you will spin (if 2wd) on the top of the deck. I think I am going to try Linex under my deck and up over the ramp areas. Smooth on underside, and heavy textured topside.

I did not take the time to try to locate any destructions so the first mistake I made was not releasing the front bracket. I guess I saw a video of a SCUT doing this w/o messing up front so I figured this would be the same. From there I had it on a polished concrete floor so it did try to skid a bit I think setting it down on some rubber matting would help in this regard.

I am new to the forum and also new owner of x758 with auto connect. My dealer had also mentioned about the polished floor. I tried it at the dealership and it was very quick and easy to do. I was also not going to purchase this feature but at the last minute added to my order.

Ma's has been cutting great for several weeks now. Mine arrived recently as well. An AWD machine will climb no problem, but the 2wd need to drive forward off and revers to get on. The trick to this is to give it a bit of a squirt on the hydro pedal rather than trying to creep up. If you are just a bit aggressive it will pop right up and on. I have the bar tires on mine so the bars grab easily but to be safe, before cutting the first blade of grass I stripped the deck and had it Linex coated underneath as well as up and over the ramps where the tires ride.

I call them racing stripes, but it does have a bumblebee look to it. So far it is holding up great and nothing is sticking.

Attachments

• Racing stripes resize.jpg
    Racing stripes resize.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 269
   / Auto connect on x7 series #26  
Nice work KD

/ Auto connect on x7 series #27  
I stripped the deck and had it Linex coated underneath as well as up and over the ramps where the tires ride.
Stripped as in paint or accessories? Is this like bedliner spray?
I never heard of this before.
Are you saying grass will not stick to this, or are you trying to just protect the underneath?

I removed the accessories and masked the extra through holes to plug them up. This is bed liner (textured top and non textured bottom) and it covered over the extra holes filling them in completely. Grass will not stick to the liner, and all of the baffle seams and gaps are now sealed up.

Paint is very sparse under a new deck and now it is completely coated.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #29  
I removed the accessories and masked the extra through holes to plug them up. This is bed liner (textured top and non textured bottom) and it covered over the extra holes filling them in completely. Grass will not stick to the liner, and all of the baffle seams and gaps are now sealed up.

Paint is very sparse under a new deck and now it is completely coated.

Hi KD
Did you do it your self with the product one can purchase in the quart container? Did you brush it on?
Thanks ME

This was professionally applied hot mix bed liner. Similar to Linex, just a different brand. I don't think the DIY cold process stuff is even in the same league.

I did my deck along with a new MC519 cart. My last cart rotted in the lap seams badly so I got this one sealed up right away.