Auto connect on x7 series

/ Auto connect on x7 series #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
Anybody here have the new auto connect system on the new x7 series?

/ Auto connect on x7 series #2  
I had it listed on my order for an X758, which I will be picking up this Thursday. But I omitted that option when it came down to placing the order. I wasn't quite sure of the entire configuration and what would be needed to be done when I switched to a front mounted snowblower which requires the longer drive shaft and the auto connect hardware is not used. And am also waiting to see if there are any bugs in the auto connect system to be worked out. I could always add it later, although it will be more costly to do so.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #3  
I had it listed on my order for an X758, which I will be picking up this Thursday. But I omitted that option when it came down to placing the order. I wasn't quite sure of the entire configuration and what would be needed to be done when I switched to a front mounted snowblower which requires the longer drive shaft and the auto connect hardware is not used. And am also waiting to see if there are any bugs in the auto connect system to be worked out. I could always add it later, although it will be more costly to do so.

I know this may be asking for the impossible, but I wish John Deere could design these tractors to accept multiple attachments at the same time. As things are now, you play the remove/install game a lot.

A good example is my 2012 X740. If I want to remove the mower deck, I have to first remove my brush guard. If I want to install the quick hitch, I need to remove my brush guard. If I want to install my bucket holder, I used to have to remove my receiver hitch, until I figured out a way past that!

My point is, it would be nice if multiple items could stay on the tractor, without causing issues with the installation/removal of another.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #4  
I know this may be asking for the impossible, but I wish John Deere could design these tractors to accept multiple attachments at the same time. As things are now, you play the remove/install game a lot.

A good example is my 2012 X740. If I want to remove the mower deck, I have to first remove my brush guard. If I want to install the quick hitch, I need to remove my brush guard. If I want to install my bucket holder, I used to have to remove my receiver hitch, until I figured out a way past that!

My point is, it would be nice if multiple items could stay on the tractor, without causing issues with the installation/removal of another.

I agree that these designs could be thought out better for sure. For the money spent on a high end mower and attachments their mountings need to be better coordinated to coexist. To put on my MC519 cart I have to remove the IMatch and 3ph parts then install bolts with bushings and tighten down. You would think Deere would have a way to hook the cart to either the 3ph or IMatch. Not sure the three bag setup mounting is compatible with the hitch either.

Atleast the 3ph and the MC 519cart and blower works well enough, whichever you need to use at the time.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #5  
I agree that these designs could be thought out better for sure. For the money spent on a high end mower and attachments their mountings need to be better coordinated to coexist. To put on my MC519 cart I have to remove the IMatch and 3ph parts then install bolts with bushings and tighten down. You would think Deere would have a way to hook the cart to either the 3ph or IMatch. Not sure the three bag setup mounting is compatible with the hitch either.

Atleast the 3ph and the MC 519cart and blower works well enough, whichever you need to use at the time.

I believe the 3 bag 14 bushel unit uses the click-n-go bracket setup, once again, different from the MC519.

I opted out of the 3PH and rear PTO for my X740. In 5 years when every last penny I owe is paid off, I will be purchasing a larger utility tractor for my heavy work. Once that machine comes, my X740 will do nothing but cut grass. I use my rear weight bracket, and bucket mount a lot. So the idea of always removing 3PH parts to use these would just aggravate me.

Since I installed my ball receiver on my #18 cart, I can now leave my bucket mount attached to the tractor, and pull the trailer at the same time. With the factory pin hitch setup, the trailer was so close it would hit the bucket holder bracket. Adding the ball receiver added about 8 inches to the overall tongue length, so now I can jack knife the trailer and it still won't touch the bucket holder.

All I wish for is a hydraulic or electric utility cart. I am so sick and tired of getting off the machine to remove the tailgate, then get back on, back into the bushes I want to dump into, and then get off again to release the body, and then tip it up. Pull forward, get off again, put the body down and the tailgate back on. The tailgate is a nice feature, but sometimes I think I should have opted for the 17AT cart with no tailgate, or the #21 steel cart that sits so high everything dumps out.

At first I didn't mind removing my deck, now I see why people say it's a huge pain. Turning all those wheels sideways, getting on the ground to release the PTO shaft, it gets old fast. I am going to my local dealer to buy a few things tomorrow, and the first thing I intend to say is if a 54'' HC deck from a 2013 will fit my machine, order it right now. I really want that drive over feature.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #6  
I am getting into more custom work on larger jobs so hopefully the x749 will be my mower at home for the most part. That being the case I won't have to remove my deck very often as my own lawn areas are almost completed. Good thing too because the larger tractors and backhoe haven't been home in a few months.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #7  
I believe the 3 bag 14 bushel unit uses the click-n-go bracket setup, once again, different from the MC519.

I opted out of the 3PH and rear PTO for my X740. In 5 years when every last penny I owe is paid off, I will be purchasing a larger utility tractor for my heavy work. Once that machine comes, my X740 will do nothing but cut grass. I use my rear weight bracket, and bucket mount a lot. So the idea of always removing 3PH parts to use these would just aggravate me.

Since I installed my ball receiver on my #18 cart, I can now leave my bucket mount attached to the tractor, and pull the trailer at the same time. With the factory pin hitch setup, the trailer was so close it would hit the bucket holder bracket. Adding the ball receiver added about 8 inches to the overall tongue length, so now I can jack knife the trailer and it still won't touch the bucket holder.

All I wish for is a hydraulic or electric utility cart. I am so sick and tired of getting off the machine to remove the tailgate, then get back on, back into the bushes I want to dump into, and then get off again to release the body, and then tip it up. Pull forward, get off again, put the body down and the tailgate back on. The tailgate is a nice feature, but sometimes I think I should have opted for the 17AT cart with no tailgate, or the #21 steel cart that sits so high everything dumps out.

At first I didn't mind removing my deck, now I see why people say it's a huge pain. Turning all those wheels sideways, getting on the ground to release the PTO shaft, it gets old fast. I am going to my local dealer to buy a few things tomorrow, and the first thing I intend to say is if a 54'' HC deck from a 2013 will fit my machine, order it right now. I really want that drive over feature.

Hello. New to the form. I wanted to respond to your commit that when you get a larger machine you will only use your x740 for cutting lawn. I think you will find that is not true. I have a JD 3720 cab, JD 4300, JD 650, Bob cat 250 skid, Bob cat 331 excavator and several others but I can not tell you how many times I use my X728 and the three point hitch. I have a 5' rake, back blade and even a Lesco 3 pt core aerator for the machine. The tractor is nimble, lite on its feet and with the four wheel drive can get into just about anywhere. Taking off the three point arms is so simple and fast ( less then a minute) I did not get the 540 PTO when I bought the machine but I always think that I will need it someday so will most likely add it someday.

My point is that I love this little tractor and enjoy using it. My friend just bought the JD. 1026 sub compact and I have to say I like it better the the older versions of the JD sub compact.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #8  

You're making a HUGE mistake! Your dealer is correct that the MMM lift arms and auto PTO carrier need to be removed in order to mount the front PTO kit. However, add up each time that you crawl under the tractor to disconnect the MMM PTO shaft, then compare it to installing and removing four pins once a year to make room for the snow blower. If you never remove your MMM deck, then great, skip the AutoConnect PTO option. If you were to go with something like the 52 or 60HD broom that would be used between each mowing, only then the performance edge would go to manual connect. I ended up selling my 52 broom because I love AutoConnect so much.

/ Auto connect on x7 series

I guess I don't see why a guy would want a brush guard in the first place. I have one on my 3720, but I bash around in the woods a lot. My garden tractor stays in the yard and the most it sees is spruce bows.

Amen on the 519 cart. Make a hitch that the 3pt arms grab onto. But then again that bit of side sway in the arms would make it worse yet when changing directions.

You're making a HUGE mistake! Your dealer is correct that the MMM lift arms and auto PTO carrier need to be removed in order to mount the front PTO kit. However, add up each time that you crawl under the tractor to disconnect the MMM PTO shaft, then compare it to installing and removing four pins once a year to make room for the snow blower. If you never remove your MMM deck, then great, skip the AutoConnect PTO option. If you were to go with something like the 52 or 60HD broom that would be used between each mowing, only then the performance edge would go to manual connect. I ended up selling my 52 broom because I love AutoConnect so much.

Auto connect sounds nice on your 1026r, but I'm hoping to hear from a 7 series owner. I've only seen one other party comment on it and his went back to the dealer due to issues.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #10  
I am a proud owner of an 2012 x720 so I know I am bias. But, I can't understand the big deal of having a auto connect mower deck. First, I don't remove my deck that much and find it quite easy. The worst part is disconnecting the drive shaft and reconnecting it. As I understand, once you connect with the auto connect decks, you still have to get off your tractor to set the height of the gage wheels. I also believe you have to manually disconnect the deck when removing. I think the High Capacity part of the deck would be more useful. With the money you spend for the auto connect, you could almost buy a Burford bucket. Auto connect deck vs Burford bucket....mmm.