BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS #11  
agree

I wouldn't put a wrench to it.
if the fix requires the removal of anything that requires a gasket, I would think hard about taking it back home.
if they say easy fix, I would want to know exactly what that is.
30 days
returning for something else or refund may make the nightmare shorter lived. just getting it over with . . .
a mower that doesn't mow is not much of a mower at all.
good luck, keep us posted.

ba

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS
I agree that any disassembly, would be crazy, figured if it were a simple diag. and repair I would just do it myself as i have the sevice manual. this is not a simple fix at all by the service breakdown...as for the reason I wanted a 728 is that it was purchased at a insanely low price, the tractor was discounted buy a lot - along with my fathers 1200.00 rebate as a retired DEERE employee - I simply couldn't justify buying the new style which has no discounts or rebates. typically the later poductions have all the buggs worked out aswell. I will post as this unfolds.

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS #13  
I did a quick check just now and figure a new x738 would cost about $11,200 plus tax with a 60" deck and auto connect in round figures. I would agree that if you bought with a steep discount and 1200 dollar rebate in the $9000+ range that you might be well served by gritting your teeth and dealing with getting the x728 fixed under warranty. Might be a little trouble but hopefully once straightened out it will work well for you without problems. I had a problem with my x749 when new, a small piece of debris (chip) hung up the rack on the injector pump, the dealer fixed it and I have not had any problems for 300 hours since then.

I use several pto attachments with my 749 and it handles them well. Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS
All is working properly now, they picked it up wed. and dropped it this morning and is mowing fine. the problem ended up being the solinoid on the rear of the transaxle, I suspected that aswell and tested it for power and ground when the problem first occurred. thumbs up for now.

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS #15  
...local dealer owns the 7 stores around us with a poor service reputation.
...they picked it up wed. and dropped it this morning and is mowing fine.

So - does this consitute poor service or acceptable service?

/ BRAND NEW 728 PROBLEMS
Although they are known for poor service, this was acceptable in my book. :)