F935 ground speed

/ F935 ground speed #1  

Kegonsa

Tractor
9n and F935
I just picked up a John Deere F935 and have started going through it. I know the transmision fluid is low and plan on changing the engine and trans fluid and filters this weekend. That might be cause of my issue but I have noticed that it moves a lot faster in reverse than forward and was wondering if a pair of hoses could have been swapped around? Thanks for the help.

/ F935 ground speed #2  
Check for worn and mis-adjusted forward/reverse linkage. Make sure in full forward, the travel valve is fully against the stop.

/ F935 ground speed #3  
I have a PDF of the Tech manual you're welcome to if you'd like
Shoot me your email
Joe

/ F935 ground speed
So i was able to change the engine and trans oil along with the filters. I did need to be done, but was not my solution to the problem. What limits the speeds for forward and reverse? I know that this mowers wiring has been messed with because there are wire nuts all over and all of the safety have been bypassed. My next guess is that something with the wiring might be wrong or swapped around. Any help is appreciated.

Joecdeere I just sent you a message with my email

thank you

/ F935 ground speed #5  
manual on the way

/ F935 ground speed #6  
I am still betting on the forward/reverse linkage!

/ F935 ground speed
Thanks for the manual Joecdeere, that will be very handy.

Xfaxman i have not had time to check the linkage yet. I was able to verify that the pedal is able to go all the way to the stop point up front on the pedal itself but not at the travel valve. I do know that i need to adjust them as I have noticed it can creep sometimes. Would checking the linkage be the same as adjusting the transmission neutral?

/ F935 ground speed #8  
Thanks for the manual Joecdeere, that will be very handy.

Xfaxman i have not had time to check the linkage yet. I was able to verify that the pedal is able to go all the way to the stop point up front on the pedal itself but not at the travel valve. I do know that i need to adjust them as I have noticed it can creep sometimes. Would checking the linkage be the same as adjusting the transmission neutral?

No, but it might affect the forward speed. With the machine not running, hold or clamp the pedal against the forward stop and check the linkage for wear in pivot points or any movement where it shouldn't move. Look for holes that are worn into an oval shape. See if the travel valve lever will move (a sign of wear in the linkage) when the pedal is against the stop.

Good luck.

/ F935 ground speed #9  
I am in a similar boat... Bought a F935, 72" with only 1000hrs on it for $2300. The more I look at it the more I am finding things that were messed with. My forward/reverse linkage might be out of adjustment. If I sit with the pedals in neutral it start to drift either reverse or forward. It won't hold still... they are very responsive but I am not sure about a 10mph ground speed forward. The brake pedals are all jammed stiff, so something is out of whack there. Haven't needed brakes though. Mows great otherwise and engine just purs. I figure if I have to dump even 1k in it, I'll be doing good.

JoeCDeere, still have a pdf manual handy? heh I am struggling with looking at parts diagrams to see what is out of place or missing.

/ F935 ground speed #10  
Welcome to TBN mr2guru

You'd be good money ahead to get the tech manual from Deere for the F935. After 1000 hours, likely things have shifted and/or worn out of adjustment. Probably whoever was used to that machine just adapted to it over time and didn't even notice the need for fine tuning.

The tech manual should be in either CD or paper format.