new x758 problems already

/ new x758 problems already #1  

Joe A

Tractor
John Deere 3320,x758 54 deck
Just received my new x758 with 54 inch deck last knight started mowing with it 10 mins in and the belt starts to smoke and then it came off.I put the belt back on and tried to turn it over by hand with no luck seems something is seized up I called the dealer and there going to put a new deck on today great.My big concern is I notice when turning it around in the shop at low speed with the wheels fully turned it makes a lot of noise and it's coming from the front axle I am not sure if this is normal ?I stopped down to the dealer today after they pick up the tractor and talked with the service manager he was not sure if it was normal or not.

/ new x758 problems already #2  
You're sure starting out on the wrong foot. Is the deck a 54C with the Chinese spindles?

I can't comment about the front noise, My 2007 X748 is mechanical front wheel drive. I seem to recall a few complaints about chatter when turning in reverse.

Good luck, and keep us posted as to what the dealer finds. Thanks.

/ new x758 problems already
The dealer just dropped it off with then new deck said noise just do to the fact that it's low rpm and not as much flow going to front end.Know I need to take deck off and spay with graphite paint I have never used the graphite from john deere but I thought give it a shot.

/ new x758 problems already #4  
That was quick service. Great. Hope the new deck is fine. I have never used graphite, what does it do for you?

/ new x758 problems already #5  
I have a x758. 5 hours on it. The mower runs smoothly and does not bind or make any unusual noise. Even at low RPM. The machine has a serious warranty so stay on JD. If they back it for 4 years 700 hrs, they have a lot of faith in it. My x758 is the most impressive machine I have owned. My only fault with the machine is the holes that are left in the deck that apparently are from other adapter hole for other tractor type. I have plugged them with assorted a stainless steel bolts. You'd think for $1400.00 option they'd make a glove fit mower to tractor. The trouble with the holes is it shoots wet mulched grass up out of the holes like green straws or snakes. The deck design is low maintenance. If the mulched grass streamers did come up through the holes you would have to clean it ever time. Anyhow the stainless steel bolts fixed it.

/ new x758 problems already
This weekend I took the deck off to put a little extra paint on it and the graphite lube and discovered that the replacement deck has out connect.I don't think it's worth the extra money it was free for me not sure if the dealer realize's that the shop swapped out a auto connect deck or not.I still had to get under tractor and mess around a little to get it to go on.

/ new x758 problems already #7  
So how are you getting along with the machine after 6 months? Looking into one...noise at the stops does not concern me with a 4wd, most units make noise at the stops in 4wd. Does it work as advertised on your lawn? The full time 4wd has me concerned about tearing up turf when turning and I have lots of turns. Think I am going back to a 48" deck from my 54". Like 6" is a big deal, but I think my old 48" deck got a better cut.

/ new x758 problems already #8  
So how are you getting along with the machine after 6 months? Looking into one...noise at the stops does not concern me with a 4wd, most units make noise at the stops in 4wd. Does it work as advertised on your lawn? The full time 4wd has me concerned about tearing up turf when turning and I have lots of turns. Think I am going back to a 48" deck from my 54". Like 6" is a big deal, but I think my old 48" deck got a better cut.

Don't get the 48 inch, it's seriously too narrow for the X7 series.

Also, front fenders are not compatible with the 48 inch deck, as they will strike the deck on sharp turns. The 54 inch is the best overall size.

/ new x758 problems already #9  

Also, front fenders are not compatible with the 48 inch deck, as they will strike the deck on sharp turns. The 54 inch is the best overall size.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

/ new x758 problems already #10  

Which deck a person chooses can depend on the clearance they have to deal with. I use a 48" deck to fit between trees on my 749 and it works fine. For those with more operating room a wider deck is a good choice.