Best way to add weight.

/ Best way to add weight. #31  
I really like my click-n-go weigh bracket and the 6 suitcase weights that I have for my X700, and they work really well with the JD tractor shovel I have without the use of chains! Now for snow blowing I will run both, and for mowing I want to be as light as possible and remove the weights 41 lbs. at a time!

How much was the weights and Bracket?

/ Best way to add weight. #32  
How much was the weights and Bracket?

I paid $145.00 for the click-n-go "installed" and $349.00 for 4 weights "installed"...when I noticed that I had room for two more weights I went back for 2 more! I didn't check the Internet price so I hope "installed" wasn't extra! LOL. :- )))

I must say the tractor shovel and snowblower would not work very well without them....

The chains I use off and on just for snow removal, depending on the driveway conditions...

/ Best way to add weight.
I paid $145.00 for the click-n-go "installed" and $349.00 for 4 weights "installed"...when I noticed that I had room for two more weights I went back for 2 more! I didn't check the Internet price so I hope "installed" wasn't extra! LOL. :- )))

I must say the tractor shovel and snowblower would not work very well without them....

The chains I use off and on just for snow removal, depending on the driveway conditions...

I hate to say it but I am a honest man.

They took you to the cleaners for those weights. At the price you gave us, you paid $87.25 per weight. They regularly sell for about $60 online. So that means you overpaid by $109 for 4 weights. For all 6, you paid $163.50 too much. How do you charge installation for weights? You walk them to the tractor and hang them on the back, and slide the rod through....so difficult. The mechanic must have had 2 coffee breaks per weight, one on the way to the tractor and one on the way back to the parts room.

/ Best way to add weight. #34  

They took you to the cleaners for those weights. At the price you gave us, you paid $87.25 per weight. They regularly sell for about $60 online. So that means you overpaid by $109 for 4 weights. For all 6, you paid $163.50 too much. How do you charge installation for weights? You walk them to the tractor and hang them on the back, and slide the rod through....so difficult. The mechanic must have had 2 coffee breaks per weight, one on the way to the tractor and one on the way back to the parts room.

Hopefully he is talking about the 70 pound weights. That would be about right. Tractor weights go for about 1.30 per pound in these parts....1.00 for used.

/ Best way to add weight. #35  

Hi JDTank,
The $349 included the bracket the $145.00 was to install! Yea it tick me off to see I was charged for installation but I am over it! It won't go back for service because I I service all my mechanized toys!. Personally I would have preferred to have the entire set shipped to my house "in the box" for me to setup. I am a very fussy guy and had to go over the entire tractor. I found the transaxle low one quart of fluid, the coolant at the bottom of the recovery tank, mid mount deck not level, the hood binding so bad on the battery cover that I thought I may break the hinge trying to open it, a spacer missing from the Quick connect lift unit at the pivot point.

I need to say something good about the purchase and that is the tire chains are nice and snug!

Would i go back and buy another John Deere?Yup i sure would but like most everything else you buy today you really need to inspect it.

The only purchase that came with no surprises or hidden cost was the plow and shovel because I picked it up in the box at the JD Dealer a couple months later and assembled it my self,

/ Best way to add weight. #36  
Hopefully he is talking about the 70 pound weights. That would be about right. Tractor weights go for about 1.30 per pound in these parts....1.00 for used.

Nope! If my memory serves me correct they are 41 or 42 lbs. each.

/ Best way to add weight. #37  
wheel weights. put them on once and leave them on. suitcase weights are great, but youre always going to be taking them off and putting them on.

/ Best way to add weight.
Don't let a bad dealership spoil your John Deere experience.

When I purchased my machine I was certain it would show up with an empty coolant tank, un-level deck, dirty, things like that. I was pleasantly surprised to find the deck was completely level, all fluids EXACTLY where they are suppose to be, and clean as a whistle. Complete with a completely full tank of diesel, a free key chain and spinner knob for the steering wheel!

Overall, it's just unfortunate that dealerships have been left to control themselves these days. About all you can do is find the one you best get along with and go there!

/ Best way to add weight. #39  
Don't let a bad dealership spoil your John Deere experience.

Overall, it's just unfortunate that dealerships have been left to control themselves these days. About all you can do is find the one you best get along with and go there!

Most dealerships are private businesses no matter what the goods sold are. They should be left to control themselves. Now if I am not happy with the way they do business I will buy from someone else.

/ Best way to add weight. #40  
I've learned to like greenfarmparts for my parts purchases. Zero product support, but prices appear to be about 5% off list, PLUS if you watch they have online coupon codes that get bigger as the value goes up and free shipping after a certain point as well.

Just don't forget to enter the coupon codes like I did. They don't answer emails requesting application even though the order had not yet shipped.