What's this lx277 part?

/ What's this lx277 part? #1  

BGigHarbor

Gold Member
Tractor
.l5460, bcs 725, 852
I figured out my problem with my lx277 that would not engage the blade. Turns out it was the small kill switch pulled out in the back (kind of hidden).

In trying to figure it out I took off the mowing deck (first time). So it's fixed, except now I have a part that fell off onto the floor that I don't recognize. A rubber stopper/bumer.

Anyone recognize this part and where it goes?

Attachments

• mowerplug.jpg
    mowerplug.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 155
   / What's this lx277 part? #2  
So it's fixed, except now I have a part that fell off onto the floor that I don't recognize. A rubber stopper/bumer.

Do you think it came from the deck or up underneath the mower?
If the deck, what size is it?
Some decks have a bumper for the belt idler but I never seen one that looks like that.

Some seats have rubber pads, but also not that looks like that. ???

/ What's this lx277 part?
I took off the deck (42c) and afterwards noticed the rubber part on the floor when I drove away. So I don't know where it came from. I looked for a spot for it to fit, but so far no cigar. I assumed it was something to do with the deck.

I looked through some parts diagrams and so far no cigar there either.

The bumpers under the seat are round cylinders and are still in place. This piece is 2 inches square and around 1 1/2 inches on the thicker side tapering down to maybe 3/4. there is a hole through it although there is no wear inside the hole like it goes over a shaft or bolt.

There are marks around the bumpy side of the rubber piece like the bumpy side was held by about 1/4 inch of length. That 1/4 inch of the flat bumpy side is dirty, and the rest of the bumper is very clean (mower is maybe 12+ years old).

I have put it all back together to run it, but I am hoping to figure out where the part came from and get it back there.

/ What's this lx277 part? #4  
I took off the deck (42c) and afterwards noticed the rubber part on the floor when I drove away.

I have no idea what that is. Maybe it's not even off that mower...

I have no idea what that is. Maybe it's not even off that mower...

I wondered about that. But I brought the mower into an empty stall in the garage to work on it and when I was done it was under the mower. So I can't think of where else it would have come from.

Maybe I'll sit up in the night and realize where it came from at some point....but for now I am kind of stumped.

I wondered about that. But I brought the mower into an empty stall in the garage to work on it and when I was done it was under the mower. So I can't think of where else it would have come from.

Maybe I'll sit up in the night and realize where it came from at some point....but for now I am kind of stumped.

Looking at what's clean and dirty on the plug, it looks like the thing sets bumps side down in a shallow holder. That part is dirty and everything else is very clean.