X7 front quick hitch

/ X7 front quick hitch #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
How put together does this thing come?

The only way I can get a decent price on the quick hitch and 54'' blade is if I completely assemble it myself. I am wondering if it is a PIA or an easy installation? The lock out valve and the hydraulic angling kit would also have to be installed. I am a small engine mechanic for a living, so I don't feel like fighting with this kind of stuff when I get home. However, if it is an easy thing to do, I will just do it on my own to save some cash.

I would imagine the first time I put oil to the lines it will drain quite a bit from my hydro system. Any idea on how much fluid will be lost the first time I operate the blade? I am guessing about 2 liters?

Thanks!

/ X7 front quick hitch #2  
You're over thinking it. This is one of those things that can be done without too much thought. Don't worry about it, it might take you 30 minutes the first time,,,,if you stop for a beer half way through.

Same thing with the hydraulic fluid. The 1/4 inch lines might take a total of half a cup ---- maybe. That's 6 ounces, American. I don't do metrics.

/ X7 front quick hitch #3  
The only bit of wrenching to be done is installing the lockout valve, and that will take you about 10 minutes. The hitch and angle kit are almost fully assembled, and the blade just snaps into place.

Seriously, if you have one mechanically inclined bone in your body, don't pay someone else to do this job....no matter how much it reminds you of work.

/ X7 front quick hitch #4  
It is a piece of cake JDTank, when I got mine the lift cylinder came with hoses and fittings attached and I suspect fluid in the cylinder because I didn't have to add much after cycling thru the system. Even the plow you will only need to install the shoes on the plow bottom. It was a fun set-up

I have attached a photo hope it helps

Attachments

• image-3194560099.jpg
    image-3194560099.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 209
   / X7 front quick hitch #5  
Hey, even the color coded caps came attached to the hoses!