X585 w/45 loader problem

/ X585 w/45 loader problem #1  

Firetaz

Tractor
JD-X585 & JD-214
Having a lift height problem and checked system as some members suggested, NO LUCK ! The problem is my bucket will not lift a load of topsoil more than 3-4' off the ground, power is fine up until that point. I used to be able to pick up my 47" snowblower or 62" mower and move them around, NOT anymore. I was reviewing my manuals and it states that theHydralic cylinder lockout valve / shutoff valve, must be closed to get proper hydralic pressure to the loader. It also says that by closing it hydralic pressure to the 3pt. hitch and mower deck will be cut off and unoperable, only the loader will function. In my case it doesn't matter wether the valve is open or closed, the 3pt. & deck still move up and down and the loader power is still poor. My thought is a defective shut off valve ! Any thoughts on what else it might be ?:confused:

/ X585 w/45 loader problem #2  
Any thoughts on what else it might be ?:confused:
How many hours?
Fluid level OK? When did you change the hyd fluid, and if so did you use the correct fluid?
Does the cylinder show any sign of leakage, or will it hold a load up?

If that valve is supposed to disable the other section, that does sound like the problem.

/ X585 w/45 loader problem
775 total hours on tractor, about 5 hours since filter and fluid (Hygaurd) change. Fluid level is where it should be, NO leaks anywhere and bucket holds the load. I looked up the valve (OVER PRICED $96) to see if there is a rebuild kit available and couldn't find any info. on one. I did find an after market one that operates on a half turn open/close for about $75. Guess i'll take off the valve

/ X585 w/45 loader problem #4  
   / X585 w/45 loader problem #5  
I don't think this has anything to do with the valve. the valve is really only there to divert flow
to the loader (or spout with your blower) and not send oil to the lift cylinder in the tractor. it has
nothing to do with the loader lift circuit.
i am more inclined to think the problem lies in a relief valve as BBO says, or another hydraulic
pressure issue. if you have access to a pressure gage you may want to see what system
pressure is at your coupler and go from there

/ X585 w/45 loader problem #6  
You definitely have a shut off valve problem but hydard is the wrong oil I believe. I think the mowers take low viscosity hygard which is much thinner. I would say a relief valve possibky also. Their used to be a pressure valve they put on a mower when you put a loader on it but I dont know where it is at. It changed the relief pressure specifically becauwe you were putting a loader on it.