Tractor
    JD-X585 & JD-214

Default X585 w/45 loader problem

Having a lift height problem and checked system as some members suggested, NO LUCK ! The problem is my bucket will not lift a load of topsoil more than 3-4' off the ground, power is fine up until that point. I used to be able to pick up my 47" snowblower or 62" mower and move them around, NOT anymore. I was reviewing my manuals and it states that theHydralic cylinder lockout valve / shutoff valve, must be closed to get proper hydralic pressure to the loader. It also says that by closing it hydralic pressure to the 3pt. hitch and mower deck will be cut off and unoperable, only the loader will function. In my case it doesn't matter wether the valve is open or closed, the 3pt. & deck still move up and down and the loader power is still poor. My thought is a defective shut off valve ! Any thoughts on what else it might be ?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LX188/445/755

Default Re: X585 w/45 loader problem

Quote Originally Posted by Firetaz View Post
    Any thoughts on what else it might be ?
    How many hours?
    Fluid level OK? When did you change the hyd fluid, and if so did you use the correct fluid?
    Does the cylinder show any sign of leakage, or will it hold a load up?

If that valve is supposed to disable the other section, that does sound like the problem.

Tractor
    JD-X585 & JD-214

775 total hours on tractor, about 5 hours since filter and fluid (Hygaurd) change. Fluid level is where it should be, NO leaks anywhere and bucket holds the load. I looked up the valve (OVER PRICED $96) to see if there is a rebuild kit available and couldn't find any info. on one. I did find an after market one that operates on a half turn open/close for about $75. Guess i'll take off the valve

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LX188/445/755

The loader may have a relief valve that could be faulty. I do not know if the setting is adjustable.
    On larger machines the relief is set to protect the cylinders.

This thread might be of use to you.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...-lock-out.html

Do you have the manual on the loader? and if so are there any adjustments on it?

Tractor
    JD X585

I don't think this has anything to do with the valve. the valve is really only there to divert flow
    to the loader (or spout with your blower) and not send oil to the lift cylinder in the tractor. it has
    nothing to do with the loader lift circuit.
    i am more inclined to think the problem lies in a relief valve as BBO says, or another hydraulic
    pressure issue. if you have access to a pressure gage you may want to see what system
    pressure is at your coupler and go from there
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD HPX gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.

Gold Member

You definitely have a shut off valve problem but hydard is the wrong oil I believe. I think the mowers take low viscosity hygard which is much thinner. I would say a relief valve possibky also. Their used to be a pressure valve they put on a mower when you put a loader on it but I dont know where it is at. It changed the relief pressure specifically becauwe you were putting a loader on it.