best value source to buy parts online

/ best value source to buy parts online #1  

sootman73

Tractor
John Deere GT235
what site offers the best price on john deere parts? there are quite a few out there.

/ best value source to buy parts online #2  
I don't think one on-line john deere site will offer the best prices on everything all the time. I found that "shopgreendealer" offers the best price on gator blades but not on other items. Sometimes the best price is not from a JD dealer. "Vbeltsforless" has the best prices on belts.

/ best value source to buy parts online #3  
The online whorehouses offer one thing: better price

There is literally zero customer service regarding product selection, choice, etc. That said, greenfarmparts has about the best pricing, but don't forget to use the appropriate coupon code.

I wouldn't mind giving my local dealer my business if he'd do a decent price, but what you will find is that you can get the stuff for around 5% off and then if the order is large enough another 6% plus the sales tax savings...

/ best value source to buy parts online #4  
greenfarmparts is very reputable.

/ best value source to buy parts online #5  
IF you can learn to use the online parts diagrams so you get the correct part, online ordering is OK.
Freight is always a consideration so unless the order is maybe over $50 a dealer may be a better choice.
GFP is good, but at times, I find stuff cheaper from the others online.

Depending on your relationship with your local dealer, you might miss another benefit also.
Discussion with a service manager or mechanic can greatly improve your odds of finding a problem and ordering the right part.

I think some shops do not understand this. They want to do the work themselves so they try to keep you out of the shop and away from a mechanic. Thus these forums are filled with folks looking to save the $70/hour labor rates and order the parts online.
Then the dealers wonder why all the parts sales are down, which leads to lower inventory levels...