JD garden tractor serial number decoder

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder #1  

JJZ 109

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380/LA344 loader/60" MMM, Bobcat S185 skid steer, JD X394 4 wheel steer mower
Just bought a used GT 235 with a 44 inch Pirahna deck. The mulching blades have been replaced to make the deck a rear discharge. Someone's got a nice 54C deck advertised on the local Craigslist ( http://watertown.craigslist.org/grd/3929622703.html ) and I'm trying to find out if I can use it with this tractor.
I can't seem to find a place to decode the tractor serial number to get more specific information about it. I signed up at Engine Information Search from John*Deere but I get no results for the serial number.
Is there anyplace on the internet that I can find this stuff out?
Edit:
After poking around TBN a little, it appears through some other threads that this info is apparently available only through the dealer network. Most likely via the parts & service departments.
At any rate, would any of Deere guys here have any idea if this deck would work on the tractor? Tractor serial number is MOG235A016330 if that helps anyone. Thanks!

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder #2  
Todd
It's a really good source of information for anything John Deere. I'm talking about JD Parts com.
Anyway,it lists the 54C (convertible) deck will fit the LX288,GT225,235,245.

Greg

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder
Todd
It's a really good source of information for anything John Deere. I'm talking about JD Parts com.
Anyway,it lists the 54C (convertible) deck will fit the LX288,GT225,235,245.

Greg

Thanks Greg. Tried to sign up yesterday but couldn't for some reason. This morning I seem to be logging in just fine. I have absolutely no literature with this machine so I'm trying to find out various things online as I go. I've been in touch with Green Parts Store to order manuals. They replied once to ask if I was looking for owner's or technical manuals. I replied twice that I was interested in a tech manual but got no more replies from them. If I'm reading Tractordata correctly, this tractor is a 1999 model.
In the Craigslist ad I mentioned in the first post, the ad states that it's for shaft drive models and does picture a gearbox. I probably wouldn't get involved with trying to convert it to belt drive.

Last edited:
   / JD garden tractor serial number decoder #4  
That ad on craigslist is indeed for the shaft drive tractors, X475/X720 etc.
the deck you are looking for would fit all of the GT/GX and 325-345 type machines

That ad on craigslist is indeed for the shaft drive tractors, X475/X720 etc.
the deck you are looking for would fit all of the GT/GX and 325-345 type machines

Thanks Dutch. Looks like I stick with what's there for now. Not really a priority. I've got a nice Ferris that I do the house lawn with. I bought the old Deere to mow a lot next to me that I own that's fairly rough. Wanted to save some pounding on the Ferris.

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder #8  
I just bought an lx188 lawn tractor and need to know if a john deere snowthrower serial # MO 2462X012636 WILL FIT THIS TRACTOR. dOES ANY ONE KNOW A GOOD WEBSITE TO DECODE JOHN DEERE LAWN TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBERS?

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder #9  
I just bought an lx188 lawn tractor and need to know if a john deere snowthrower serial # MO 2462X012636 WILL FIT THIS TRACTOR. dOES ANY ONE KNOW A GOOD WEBSITE TO DECODE JOHN DEERE LAWN TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBERS?

Here is a link to the LX188 on tractordata with sn list at bottom of page. TractorData.com John Deere LX188 tractor information

Please refrain from using all caps it is irritating to lots of folks here.

/ JD garden tractor serial number decoder #10  
I have a 44 in JD pirahna mower deck with the 6 blades that came with a JD 345. The former owner replaced it with a 48 in. side discharge. The 44 ln seems to windrow grass from the rear discharge . It does cut good but I like the 48 in better. Would like to get rid of the extra 44 in mower.