The official "Cart" thread

/ The official "Cart" thread #21  
The downside is that electric over hydraulic can be quite taxing on the very small electrical system of a riding mower. I think the X700 series would have no issues since they have a true alternator, most with a 40 amp output. Riding mowers simply have the magneto producing maybe 10 amps. About 4 years ago when I lived in a different Province, my old neighbor at the time had a small electric over hydraulic dump trailer for his riding mower. He had run cables from the battery to the rear of the tractor with a connector so he could hook up quickly. He told me he always had issues with the tractor battery dying after a few hours of constant work. Lots of dumps put a strain on the very small battery and the already weak charging system. Obviously most people won't be dumping constantly for hours on end, but it is something to think about.

Makes me glad I bought an X7. I have an electrical system strong enough to handle anything I want to do, and the hydraulic system can be used for things like these carts. Now I just need to run outlets to the rear of my X740 and fabricate some kind of metal mounting plate for couplers. It never ends with these machines, keep the $ a secret from the wife!

Yep. You gotta pick a solution that works with your tractor.

/ The official "Cart" thread #22  
I would like a thick plate steel cart like the older IH Cub Cadet carts or JD carts. Also I would like for it to be easily converted to a leaf vac cart by adding tall sides and a net on the top. Having two separate carts that can do the same thing doesn't make sense. The power flo system could allow the system to work without having to attach a small motor/fan to the cart. The little cart for the power flo doesn't cut it for larger yards.