The official "Cart" thread

/ The official "Cart" thread #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
So lately there seems to be a lot of conversation about the lack of good yard carts on the market. I think this would be a good place for us to brainstorm and discuss our ideas.

Myself, I have a #18 John Deere cart. While I do like it, I find it's operation annoying. After I load product, and get to where I want to dump it, I must get off my tractor, remove the tail gate, pull the release lever, push the cart up, then get back on the tractor to pull forward. If you are not mindful when loading your cart, too much heavy material in the front half will make it almost impossible to raise the cart to dump it. The dump angle is fairly good, but not steep enough for items to come out by themselves 90% of the time. In order to get the product to start sliding out of the cart, you usually need to give hard "blips" on the forward hydro pedal, and then race out from under the pile. This likely isn't good for the machinery, and is definitely uncomfortable for the operator. On some occasions, the load will stick even when you pull ahead, and then it let's go 5 feet past where you wanted it. Now you need to push the material back by hand or with your front blade if you have one.

What I would like to see on the market is a yard trailer with a hydraulic dump setup, that can be done completely from the seat of the tractor. To me, the name of the game is efficiency. I want to be able to back up to my dump site, raise the bed to a nice steep angle, wait until everything falls out, lower the bed, and drive away. All without leaving the tractor seat.

This is what I would like to purchase, the only problem I see is I think it was custom made and is not available for purchase.

Dirt Built Heavy Duty Dump Cart - YouTube

/ The official "Cart" thread #2  
"country manufacturing" makes both hydraulic dump wagons and cart/trailers for lawn/garden tractors. I believe they are also carried by Northern Tool.

/ The official "Cart" thread #3  
I have seen them but the cost is too high.

/ The official "Cart" thread #4  
The king kutter xb is what you are looking for. Hydraulic dump powered by tractor remotes or hand pump. 1.5 ton capacity. Good tailgate latch design.

/ The official "Cart" thread #5  
The king kutter xb is what you are looking for. Hydraulic dump powered by tractor remotes or hand pump. 1.5 ton capacity. Good tailgate latch design.

that's a cool 2500.00$

/ The official "Cart" thread
I should have said, I think this thread is better served with carts that can be pulled with a riding mower/garden tractor. Those trailers are far too big for the average home owner to fit into the spaces these need to go.

I know those trailers exist on the market. The problem is something smaller, like the #18 JD cart. I think the market needs a trailer that size with hydraulic dump and a steep angle.

/ The official "Cart" thread #7  
Brinly makes most if not all of John Deere's lawn and garden attachments. They show a manual dump with a 56 degree rear slope dump trailer, no tail gate, in three sizes. They should cost in the area of $200-$500 depending on size. It would be easy enough to install a lift cylinder to any of these.

/ The official "Cart" thread #8  
I think Wolftree is right on the money. There isn't a big enough market for a manufacturer to produce a dump trailer for lawn tractors at an affordable price. We're really talking about a custom lawn trailer. It will be less expensive to take manual dump trailer and add your own hydraulic lift to it. Youtube has some videos by people that have done that. Good Luck with your project!

/ The official "Cart" thread #9  
   / The official "Cart" thread #10  
The CMI trailers aren't too big. The are only 3' wide, similar to most garden carts. Mine is 3 x 6'. Fits most places in my yard. My wife loves it. She drags it around everywhere. The others (except for the phantom canadian one I mentioned) a re more like 4' wide, and could be too wide for many. The canadian one was 3' wide with the tapered bottom, like big material dumpers only GT size.