John Deere L120 Gas Cap

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap #1  

gbeamon

Tractor
L120
Hello, Thanks for the tip on the gas cap problem Norfolk, Va :drink:

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet and greetings from Tennessee.

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap
Well I tryed that but when your lawn tractor decide to dye , the farthest from the garage and you have to push it across the lawn back to the garage to work on. Then the # decide to start, you decide the grass did not need to cut and you go and have a drink! That when I found this site and found the post on gas cap.

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden forum. :)

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap
Thanks I just join and need help setting up the groups I need to join and post in.:)

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap #6  
The shaft inside of my tank shook loose is there a way to re-attach this it is a sealed tank is there any type of tool that is used for this. The tank is in great shape except for this shaft which goes to bottom of tank to suck the fuel up has become detached.

/ John Deere L120 Gas Cap #7  
rdech65
:welcome: to TBN
Glad you got your post in the Lawn & Garden forum..

From what I see in the two tanks offered for the L120, one of which is likely yours, that neither require a tool.. just the bushing (key # 10) and the fuel line to push through the bushing into the tank.. different fuel pickup for each style tank. Maybe an end of the pickup tube broke off and is what ended up in the tank. New pickup tube and bushing should get you back in business.

Attachments

• 120_L_fuel_tanks.jpg
    120_L_fuel_tanks.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 111