Seeking guidance on a JD 111

/ Seeking guidance on a JD 111 #1  
Tractor
John Deere 111
I have a neighbor that has a JD 111 and we're talking about doing a trade in which I get the JD111. It has a mower deck.
Only glitch that I can see is it does not have a battery in it at this time. So that's something I'll have to cover (I may change my mind and have him get the battery).

But I have never had a JD 111 before. I've been researching it online and it seems to be a decent yard tractor/mower. But what else should I look for?
It does need some work, like the seat is trashed. So I know there will be some fixing I have to do on it.

So do you guys have any advice for me on this?

/ Seeking guidance on a JD 111 #2  
So do you guys have any advice for me on this?

I would insist that he get the battery so you could at least see if it cranked, ran and mowed OK before you decide.
Even if you paid for the battery later in the deal. Otherwise you are buying it as scrap metal.
Retain your option to walk away from the trade.

I am not familiar with that exact mower. But generally old mowers can be a money pit if you are the type that wants to fix anything that needs it.
And that is one of my problems. If something is missing or malfunctioning I gotta work on it:licking:

/ Seeking guidance on a JD 111
He went ahead and did that on his own, with a battery of his. It runs good and the mower works. Could use some cleaning up, but other than that it's a deal.
I need to find the owners manual, mechanics manual and other related documents for the 111. Anyone know of a good source? I have googled it and had poor luck.

/ Seeking guidance on a JD 111 #5  
   / Seeking guidance on a JD 111
I've been looking on eBay and found a lot of inexpensive parts. sadly, very few tractors for sale that I can refer to for price comparison.

/ Seeking guidance on a JD 111 #7  
I recommended ebay for the manuals