john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems

/ john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems #1  

lwalker

Tractor
John Deere 455 lawn tractor
Hi
I have a John Deere 455 lawn tractor that quit running while in use.

things that i have checked

checked oil
all fuses are ok
changed the fuel filter
checked the safety switch under the seat, i had to bypass it a few years ago but its fine
there was some sludge in the fuel tank and i siphoned most of it out
no fuel is coming out of the line at the filter area from the pump. I can hold it down and it comes out by gravity.
checked the voltage at the pump and am only showing 6.5 volts

should the voltage be 12 volts or is 6.5 correct i am not sure and dont have a shop manual for this unit to check the wiring diagram
the unit was working fine and just dropped speed suddenly while in use. I discovered a water line leak and fixed that thinking that it shut down due to low coolant. cranked it up and ran it for a few min and then the power droped off dramatically.
I think the black wire with a white stripe is the power for the fuel pump since its the only one showing voltage of 6.5. I have read that the fuel pump on this unit rarely fails so im thinking it must be in a wire somewhere thats the problem or the fuel pump has gone out.

any help would be appreciated

/ john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems
product I/D number is after 070000

/ john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems #4  
   / john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems
Thanks for the diagram sheets that will make it easy to track down and fix.

/ john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems #6  
Please let us know what you found, once you have had time to find and fix the problem.

/ john deere 455 lawn tractor diesel fuel pump problems #7  
i had my 430 die on me while running and it was a large relay that had wiggled loose and fallen off. once replaced, I was fine.