Might pick up this 314 on Craigslist tomorrow. Opinions?

/ Might pick up this 314 on Craigslist tomorrow. Opinions? #1  

cooper99

Bronze Member
Found this on my local craigslist today. John Deere 314. Unknown year, needs some engine work, but cosmetically in great shape. Might be a fun winter project to fix up; install a 46" deck, blade, etc. Looks like it needs a new starter and who knows what else. Perhaps the mid pto is also shot and that's why there's no deck attached... Anyway, for the price, I think it's hard to pass up.

john deere 314 need to sell asap

Asking is $250. I'm bringing my truck with trailer attached tomorrow. If things look nice, I will offer between $150 and full asking price. Sure, my dream project mower is a 332, but I don't really have the time or an extra $2000+ to spend on a fun project. Given the situation, what else would likely need replacing or tweaking?

Just seeking some input and words of wisdom from you guys before I make any final decision. Thanks.

/ Might pick up this 314 on Craigslist tomorrow. Opinions? #2  
Body is in incredible condition. For $250, I would say you don't have much of anything to lose. Worse case scenario, re-sell it or part out the body.

/ Might pick up this 314 on Craigslist tomorrow. Opinions? #3  
Body is in incredible condition..

It looks to have been repainted and a nice job. It sounds too cheap to me. What does it have, a blown engine or bad transmission?

/ Might pick up this 314 on Craigslist tomorrow. Opinions?
I'm a half day too late. The guy sold it to his friend last night. Guess I'll have to keep searching.