Snow Blade

/ Snow Blade #1  

rdschomm54

Tractor
John Deere x595
Hello,

Anyone know of a good snow blade for my 595X. I know JD has one but are there others? I would be interested in new or used. I have about 1/8 mile drive to plow and I'm too old to walk the snow blower up and down it.

Thanks

Bob

/ Snow Blade #3  

While the Arthur Randall blade is nice, I would never spend $1,500 on JUST the blade for a garden tractor. You will also need the quick hitch, and the hydraulic angling kit. Those two together are about $900. Than you need weights, and possibly tire chains. All said and done you could be into this project for $3,000.

Unless your doing some very serious blade work, in which case I would get a bigger tractor, than I would save $1,000 and just get the John Deere blade.

/ Snow Blade #4  
Hello,

Anyone know of a good snow blade for my 595X. I know JD has one but are there others? I would be interested in new or used. I have about 1/8 mile drive to plow and I'm too old to walk the snow blower up and down it.

Thanks

Bob

I used a Honda 6522 with a 5' power angle blade for 2 seasons. Fairly similar in weight / size to a JD 2320. Based on that experience, I know a Garden Tractor with blade would not work for me as a primary piece of snow equipment. Before spending money on a blade try to talk with others in your area to get their experience as to whether this might even work. One of the biggest problems with a blade - assuming there is enough power to actually push the snow - you have to have someplace to put the snow and with a small tractor, it would not take much buildup before the bank is too high and could not be pushed back any further.

If you have mobility issues, perhaps the x595 with a blower would be a better solution in the long run.

/ Snow Blade
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will check into a snow blower attachment for my tractor. I think it will be my best solution. Never thought of not having enough tractor to move the snow around but I think that problem pushes me to the snow blower.

Again Thanks!

Bob